“Excellent Hotel!!..Excellent Service!!”

Ranked #60 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent Hotel!!..Excellent Service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at the NoMad for 3 nights starting August 1st and absolutely loved it! From the moment you walk into the beautiful, dark, and sexy lobby you know your in for a treat. The hotel is in a turn of the centruy Beaux-Arts building that has been faithfully restored. The interiors are done by French designer Jacques Garcia. The interiors reminded me of classic Parisian hotel with a touch of contemporary and old New York.....they are gorgeous!

We had a Atelier room that was stellar. The heavy doors open and to your right is a wonderful, classic, dark mini bar that is well stocked. Upon entering the room you first notice the great king sizd bed with a wonderful comforter and big, plump pillows...then the big windows looking out to the city, and then the claw foot tub ( really nice and relaxing). There is a classic leather chair in front of a floor lamp, a club chair and mahogany writing desk. The floors are maple wood and appear to be original. Nice custom artwork is throughout the room. In front of the bed there is a large flat screen TV and behind the TV is a floor to ceiling velvet and damask paravent (a large seperation panel) that stretches most of the distance of the room. There is a (almost secret) door in this paravent that leads to a water closet with small sink and mirror. On the other side of the claw foot tun is the main sink and walk in shower. There are sconce lamps by the bed and sink and ALL lights in the room have dimmer control which I love a really appreciate. The bathroom is stocked with Argan bath products. Obviously I cannot say enough good things about this room....timeless.

The restaurant Atrium is beautifull and gorgeously designed. The NoMad Bar (classic New York) and Elephant Bar are great places for drinks and socializing. The Library Bar though was my favourite: two stories high with spiral staircases leading to shelves of books lit from behind...a really unique and fun space.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Located on Broadway 5 blocks from the Empire State Building and Herald Sqaure..lots of shopping in the area as well as restaurants. Also, the hotel is conveniently located right next to the 28th St metro station and from here you can take the N,R, line to Time Sqaure (2 stops away..5 mins) or Union Station (2 stops 5mins) and from both of these hub terminals you can go anwhere in New York. There are also plenty of cabs outside.

The service at the hotel is excellent from the moment you enter to the moment you leave. Unfortunately the airline we flew sent our luggage to the wrong city. We arrived at 5 pm at the hotel on a Friday with no clothes and few toiletries other than what we had in our carry ons. We had to go shopping and the hotel staff were perfect in telling us where we needed to go. The airline said they would send our luggage to the hotel once it was on a new flight to NYC and
I spoke with Alisha (spelling?) at the front desk about our problem and she was very sympathetic and helpful and said as soon (and even if) our luggage arrives she would have it sent to our room. Finally on Saturday during dinner around 10pm we got a text from the hotel that our luggage had arrived and was placed in our room. Relief. The next afternoon I saw Alisha (sorry if I am spelling your name wrong) and thanked her. Although our lost luggage was not the hotel's fault Alisha offered us a drink on the house whenever we wished. We took her up on the offer later that evening with a friend joiing us in the Elephant Bar. The bar was quite busy and the bartender messed my drink up so I was offered another drink on the house by Adam (I believe was his name) who was over restaurant and bar in some capacity...a very nice guy. They care about service and making you happy at NoMad. I do not know what exactly is Alisha's position at NoMad but if it is not hotel manager IT SHOULD BE! Thank you for your genuine kindness.

NoMad is an excellent place to stay for location, service,dining, and atmosphere. At night the hotel's restaurants and bars are busy with well dressed, good looking patrons ( I saw several celebrities) and there is a jovial good vibe in the day as well. This is a classy and hip hotel and probably not the best choice for families though I know they would be welcome and treated wonderfully. Thank you NoMad and staff for a great visit...we cannot wait to come back to your beautiful hotel!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor which was still a little noisy at night from taxis honking. If you want alm...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Atlas1175

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Westport, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have stayed in many NY hotels, but this one is special. We often go for just a night as we live near the city, and find last minute deals. The room was large, very quiet, and felt like we were in someone's home - the oriental carpet on the old wood floors, VERY comfortable bed, and all the lights have dimmers - a nice touch except the bulbs in the reading lamps next to the bed should go up brighter. The designers have created a comfortable, and Dark motif, which is the antithesis of so many contemporary designs, with very hard edges and bright lights.
The only real complaint was a very rude call when we checked out from a clerk threatening to add a day to our bill if we did not check out within one hour of the stated time. Incredibly poor manners for such nice place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank REPST
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

My Daughter and I stayed here and thoroughly enjoyed the service, the wonderful bathtub and the food! Everything exceeded our expectations.... and the location is excellent!! Our first night we had drinks and appetizers in the library and the following night we ate in the restaurant and the service and food were excellent.

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked the atelier room. It was small but everything was well thought out and I loved it! I loved taking a bath in the claw foot tub, while looking at the Empire State building! I was there for Christmas so the Empire was light up special for the occasion. Everyone seemed helpful and courteous. Had dinner in the restaurant it was great, nice bar with good drinks as well. The only off was room service breakfast on Christmas morning, it was terrible. But I loved the way the rooms are decorated. Location is good. I would definitely state there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Excellent Hotel. I got a free upgraded room when I checked in last weekend. The room was beautiful, appearance and decoration were great. The pillow and bedding were extremely comfortable and I felt great in this staycation retreat.

The hot water in the tub were scathing hot. Exactly what I wanted for a relaxing bath. Excellent hotel, the complimentary Shampoo and Conditioners were expensive French products that I'm now dying to purchase from France.

Amazing rooms, can't imagine staying anywhere else in the city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I have stayed at all levels of hotels in NY, and decided upon this one because we were traveling without our daughter, and felt that this hotel wasn't really a great place for kids (not that kids aren't welcome, but it feels distinctly "adult" here). This hotel definitely qualifies as a boutique hotel in my book, because the feeling is very stylish and classy, yet a little eclectic as well. The rooms are a good size, and the decor is very interesting-definitely not your standard "processed" hotel room look. It almost feels like you're staying in a hipster friend's studio apartment. We chose a room with a claw foot tub, which I recommend, if it's available. The beds are comfortable, and the service was good. The lobby was a wee bit dark for my taste, as it was a little hard to see when coming in off the street on a sunny day, but it is stylish. We loved the library bar-definitely try to get a seat in there to have a drink before or after dinner...you might have to wait a bit though. We ate brunch at the restaurant, and it was truly delicious. Our food took quite a while, and we think maybe there was a mistake with it getting into the system, but we were given a free meal, and didn't have to complain a bit, and they were apologetic. We would stay here again, but it is a pricey, but trendy, so you get what you pay for. We loved Sweetgreens for a healthy lunch right next to the hotel!

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a claw foot tub-it's beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank unluciole
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is truely a little gem, understated and not a hotel that advertises itself loudly. Elegant class, and clearly staff that wants to make the place a succes. It is not cheap, but by NY standards the rooms are bigger than average, you get value for money here too. The design of the hotel is quirky and yet classically beautiful. The staff was faenomonal and I will come back again and again, I have found MY NY favourite.

Room Tip: Walk down to Madison square and sit..... peoplewatching here makes you truely feel like you are a pa...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple