“The Madly Beautiful NoMad!”
Review of The NoMad Hotel

The NoMad Hotel
Ranked #51 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The Madly Beautiful NoMad!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I had high expectations of my time at the NoMad hotel, especially after the praise it got from Jetsetter and a 96% approval rate by members. And almost every expectation was met. From the eclectic rooms, the oh so comfy bed, to the staff and great location, I couldn't be more satisfied.

The Atelier room I stayed in had a pretty good view of Broadway street and the Empire State Building. It had a great decor combining modern and old charm feel. Cleanliness was not a problem. The beds were so comfortable that I would end up napping or sleeping until the next day whenever I lied down to rest. My only critique would be the loud music on Friday nights (which could be heard even if you were 3 floors below).

The front desk personnel was always willing and helpful, especially Marguerite, with whom I interacted the most: She was cheerful, approachable and charming. The front door guys were also nice, energetic and helpful.

The Atrium is a fantastic restaurant/bar to enjoy a good dinner with friends.
With a location close to most iconic NY sites, I highly recommend the NoMad hotel, which offers great service at a reasonable NY price.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Beautiful interior, best coffee(so worth it), great front desk, thrilled with the view of the empire state building from my room. Three walls of windows provided so much light and great atmosphere. Food and drinks downstairs are just delectable. Loved the library for drinks in particular and the fantastically carved bar is a must see. The atrium is lovely day or night. I adore the dark woods and low lighting.
Clean sleek room with wooden floors (my allergies loved this feature). So quiet....what a total treat for a large city. Water pressure was purrrrrfect! Another treat in this historical building. Private ambiance for those wanting a low key entry into and out of the city. No hordes of city hipsters wanting to be seen and heard. Subway entrance steps away for quick trips around town. Walking distance to many areas makes the Nomad a great central location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent four nights at the NoMad. I was my first visit to the hotel but my husband has stayed there every time he travels to NYC since it opened its doors. He has been there so often that he is greeted by name and offered multiple greetings of welcome back from the staff. The room was lovely with a beautiful claw foot tub just beckoning one to have a soak. I did just that one afternoon while my husband was at a business event. They have Exclusive Argan Bath amenities by Côté Bastide that smell fabulous. King size beds were so comfortable. It is European in design as it has a separate water closet hidden in the beautiful screen that divides the shower and sink area from the sleeping area. We had a beautiful view of the Empire State Building. I read the reviews saying that staff and service was terrible but that has never been my husbands experience and it is not mine. We had reservations for The Library which is a quiet bar offers Coctails great wine selection, coffee or tea and bar snacks. The Scotch Olives and French Fries are delicious. We had reservations for just pre-dinner drinks two other nights and level of service never faltered. We had dinner at the NoMad Resturant one night. The food was Michelin Star Quality. Service was exceptional. It thankfully is not a kiddie friendly Resturant and smart casual to dressy was the attire. I ordered room service one afternoon for lunch as I had been out shopping all day and wanted to relax before a busy evening. I ordered the club sandwich which came with fries it could easily have fed two people. Delicious. The staff inquired if I wanted a beverage and when I replied that I was going to hydrate with tap water she offered me a carafe of iced water which was lovely. I was told my meal would arrive in 30 minutes and it did. Many reviews commented that there is no coffee station in the room. This is not a Comfort Inn. This is a well appointed luxury hotel not an economy hotel.We ordered coffee for two to be delivered every morning at 7:00 and it was. For those who are not a fan of using Room Service if you turn left going out the entrance you can't miss the Starbucks. I read several reviews that stated they had booked via a discount site. Getting a discounted room does not make this a discount hotel. It is expensive. I also read that those who booked rooms via a site felt they were treated differently. While we were checking in a group arrived with confirmation emails from one of those sites the young woman checking them in treated them the same as we were treated and we did not use a discount site. Their room was ready but ours was not. The hotel secured our luggage and we went for a walk and had lunch while waiting. The front desk sent us a text that our room was ready.
The lighting is relaxed. No harsh light in the lobby. The doorman was always there and hailed a cab for us daily. Upon return we were greeted. No one expected to be tipped and I saw a staff member tell another guest that a tip was not necessary as it is all a part of providing guests everything they need. The area is like many in NYC in that it is in transition but safe. I would recommend this hotel for those who don't mind paying for luxury.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mr And Mrs B
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Although it did not include breakfast the hotel and its staff was awesome. I felt like if I was entering a runway when I walked in. The room was very nice and the staff was kind. I did not like the location so much though as it was very lonely at night.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TataLON
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at The Nomad for three nights in June. We had booked online and thought it looked quaint. When we arrived it took 10 minutes for our eyes to adjust to the "night light". The reception area and lifts are so dimly lit you feel you need a seeing eye dog. Thankfully our room had a large window which let in plenty of natural light, but the configuration of the room with bathtub in the living area was weird. No tea or coffee making facilities so you need to get room service. The restaurant looks appealing and service was good but the food average.
Look around - we think you can do better for $500 a night.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor facing the road so lots of street noise throughout the night. If you stay h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My fiancé and I stayed at the NoMad mid-December to celebrate his birthday; it was in the perfect location to walk to many of the bars and restaurants we wanted to visit. A friend had also mentioned the chicken, in the NoMad restaurant, was amazing so the hotel was helpful in making us a reservation for dinner one evening - that's another review entirely, but that chicken was hands down the best meal I've ever had! We stayed in an Atelier room w a view of the Empire State Building which was lovely from the claw foot tub! The room itself was small, but organized and designed so that you didn't feel cramped. The bed was soft and offered a lovely nights sleep. The library bar was reserved for guests, which was nice since the bar/restaurant area were packed on a nightly basis. We loved the place and will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel is in a strange location but walking distance from Union Square.
Neighborhood itself not great.
Food and drink were excellent.
Hotel service, turn downs, etc...non-existent.
Rooms very strangely set up.
Bellboy overtipped said he would return the change and never did...
Just plain BAD!