“Decent food, decent prices”
Review of Jerry's Cafe - CLOSED

Jerry's Cafe
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Neighbourhood: TriBeCa
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We were out for a walk on the Brooklyn Bridge when we decided to first grab a bite to eat. We found Jerry's quite by accident. We were seated immediately, but that could be because we came after the lunch crowd (around 2:30 in the afternoon). The server was attentive, but not hovering. The food was good, but they do not offer refills on the drinks. The decor was a bit eclectic. Marilyn Monroe pictures, and then some rather abstract art and what seemed to be religious type paintings in another section (we couldn't see that area well from where we were seated). The lights at the tables were interesting and we never could decide what they were - some old-fashioned design, or some new-era design....but they were interesting. The background music was 50's and nice. Not too loud, but loud enough to enjoy. We did have to use the restrooms here, and they were clean. Bonus! There were three of us, and we had one BLT, one classic burger, a fried chicken sandwich, hot tea, lemonade, and ginger ale. Total bill - $46.00.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

We went here for brunch on a Sunday morning and it was the perfect New York brunch experience. Bottomless coffee, outstanding french toast and incredible crab benedict. Portions were very large and came with my favourite, crispy bacon, and some of the best home fries I've had.

I'd definitely head here again if I was in the area and would recommend it for anyone looking for a top breakfast/brunch experience.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Went here for Sunday brunch last weekend and my word it was worth it! Staying downtown we were looking for somewhere for breakfast and found this little gem tucked away on Chambers. It is spotlessly clean and has that great diner feel. Staff were extremely helpful and polite without being servile. The brunch menu caused much deliberation but in the end I opted for the French toast with hazlenut chocolate spread, grilled banana, bacon and syrup. I am not normally one for sweet and savoury together but my God this was good stuff! One of the best breakfasts I have ever had in New York and I have had a few! My friend had a crab cake bendict which again tasted amazing! I don't care where you are staying in Manhattan you MUST visit this place. It will definitely be worth it!

1  Thank nezza28
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Clean with , booths and bar, attentive staff, clean loos and a fabulous range of diner food. .Not far from Brooklyn Bridge and City Hall. It gave us a perfect New York experience.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Small restaurant with killer burgers and mac & cheese! Fries were just ok.. Worth the wait. Staff very attentive and eager to please. Seemed to have a very loyal following from financial district. Going back.......