“Little gem of a place”
Review of Caffe Storico

Caffe Storico
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Storico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,887 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Entrance on 77th Street
Transit: B & C trains at 81st Street, 1 train to 79th Street, M10 to 77th Street, M79 to 81st Street
Reviewed 6 June 2014

OMG, my oxtail agnollotti was outstanding! The portion size was perfect and the sauce was to die for. The amaretto semifreddo I had for dessert made me swoon. Service was fast and unobtrusive, the ambience upscale and cheerful. I'd go here a lot if I lived in the area, and I highly recommend this wonderful café to all and sundry

1  Thank Hsteinmiller

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our party of three had lunch at this cafe. The staff were quite haughty but helpful when we asked for a gluten free menu. The gluten free Linguine Fra-Diavolo jumbo lump crab & calabrian chilli and minestrone soup were fantastic. The Caesar Salad had little flavour but was nice and fresh. The croutons in both the soup and salad were lovely. I definitely wouldn't write home about the service but the food and coffee were great. Prices were reasonable for the quality of food.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We made reservations on line and I liked that we were called and confirmed by the restaurant. I read all of the reviews before going. 2 friends and I had 1 1/2 hours before a tour of the museum (Audobon prints get FIVE stars). We let our waitress know this and she got us out in plenty of time. She was very pleasant and attentive as was the manager so I didn't have any complaints like others on that. I had duck ragout which was very good but I didn't care for the dressing on my friend's salad nor did I like the crab marinara type sauce on my other's friends spaghetti. They were happy, though! Good bread and olive oil and some really tasty little bread/biscuit braids. The chicken salad looked really good. Excellent wine @$14 a glass. But it is New York!

Since I liked my meal and it is fun visiting New York I'd say pricey but very good!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We went over to the NY Historical Society to see the Bill Cunningham exhibit and stopped into Cafe Storico for lunch. What a pleasant surprise. We had a lovely salad a wonderful pannini, the cookie plate and cappuccino. We expected museum food and had a wonderful lunch.

Run by the Starr group this is a very handsome room with high ceilings and decorated with china! Proper and efficient service a reasonable price and a good menu means that we'll try this for dinner too.

The only draw back is that the room is noisy

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Pleasantly surprised by the quality and prices in this cozy cafe in the New York Historical Society Museum. Full bar, nice variety on the menu with the emphasis on Italian. We just had drinks and split an appetizer. Got comfortable in this bright, handsome room. Street entrance, so no admission fee to go here.