“Awesome presentation”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: M & R Train (Northern Blvd)- walk 1 block 7 Train (74th St - Broadway) - walk down 6 blocks on Broadway to 56th Street
Description: MAMAJUANA CAFE offers a unique dining experience focusing on Caribbean & South American dishes combined with Asian influences - All brought to life by our Executive Chef Ricardo Cardona. With our Colonial Spaniard decor, our plush colorful sofas, the illuminant display of orchids, our grand outdoor patio, our unparalled cocktails (some infused with Authentic Mamajuana) - we welcome you to experience Mamajuana Cafe! What exactly is Mamajuana? Well, It seems that anywhere you travel in the world; each country has its own native drink. The native drink of the Dominican Republic is known as mamajuana and amongst Dominicans; this tasty drink has gained somewhat of a mythical status. Legend has it that mamajuana acts as somewhat of a cure all.. there is a mythical secret to mamajuana - please ask your server and he/she will enlighten you!
Reviewed 30 January 2013

First time here and would love to return. First we ordered guacamole and chips and the presentatio was awesome! There were three of us ad we all shared our individual dishes with each other because everything was so delicious! The ribs are not to be missed!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I bought a travelzoo two for one deal. While the name on the front glass says "Taina Cafe," the Sign on top says "Mamajuana Cafe."

The decor is beautiful. The wait staff is very nice, but you have to ask for everything and the wait is long. While it says unlimited mimosa and sangria, if you don't ask for a refill, they never come around to fill it and that goes for everything. There is no bread service for the table and we order a $3 bread basket that came with a serving side of one. The brunch itself was very filling. I order the steak and eggs, which was delicous, The food did arrive warm instead of hot including the soup.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Had an early dinner here on 8/29. Almost didn't see it as the name on the door had changed to "Taino" something. Had been really excited for Mamajuana's vast menu but even though the menu was smaller, the food was delicious and the drinks were great! It's mostly Dominican now, and the wait staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had an assortment of delicious appetizers and then shared an entree. There was a little bit of construction going on inside, but it did not affect our meal in the least. Definitely recommend it if you're looking for a restaurant in this area. :)

Reviewed 20 August 2012

The food was incredible! I had two of the specials for starters and a delicious chicken dish as the main! The waiters were polite and checked on me to make sure I was enjoying the meal. The atmosphere inside was great and a welcome escape from the fast paced life outside. The manager came over and told me about a new special starter they had just got in (fish) and recommend I try it - I am very glad I did! I found myself so stuffed after the meal that I didn't even stay for dessert (which is a first for me)!

Reviewed 5 May 2012

The breakfast at Mamajuana Cafe located at the Radisson hotel was good and a lot, we were so full we skipped lunch that day. We also tried it out for dinner. Emi is very sweet and pleasant, excellent service. Loved my drink "Good Girl". The food was absolutely delicious!! I would recommend in a heartbeat.