“Wonderful surprise !”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Hells Kitchen, New York
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Sometimes you just luck into a delicious restaurant and we are happy that we wandered into this place on a cold March day. We found the service to be extremely friendly and welcoming and the food was delicious! We had the specials, $11.99 that included veg or tofu entree, a choice of appetizer and a salad. My husband had the shrimp special that was slightly more and offered the same amount of food. While I was waiting for my food, I looked at other reviews and saw the pumpkin dish was highly rated, and wished I had gone for that, but our food was delicious as it was. My tofu dish was basil style which was marked as being spicy, and it wasn't spicy to my taste, so if you are concerned about the "hot" food being hot, it wasn't in my experience. They also had great deals on drinks, I think $3 or $4, but NYC water tastes so good, we were pretty happy. Even the other customers were great, it felt like being at a party!
We even tried the fried Ice cream, which is something I always wanted to try, one piece is enough for two or three people. We would come back when we are in the area.