“Good location, bad rooms.”
Review of World Hotel

World Hotel
Ranked #454 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Came to NYC with my boyfriend on May 20th for his job meeting, decided to stay closer to his meeting spot, so we chose this "Hotel" x_x
When we 1st arrived, the clerk was very nice and helpful, after we got the room, and checked it out, The room look outdated, shower room got stains on the shower head, the bed is 2 twin beds put together into one bed. We didn't use their towels, so we went down to the mini market next door to buy some. Later on when we realized that the walls are so thin, and we can hear the people yelling and cursing next door. (For most of the night)

So overall, if you are just looking for a place to crash in a night for Manhattan, this is the place to save some cash. Prices are fair. Close to a lots of restaurants. And buses to the casinos.

Room Tip: If you are a girl, DO NOT wonder about in the hall too long, not safe at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephy8899

Reviewed 25 May 2013

For being centrally located it is a great deal. There are no elevators or personal restrooms but the linens are clean the staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are small but efficient. I will definitely come here next time I stay in New York.

Room Tip: There is no pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cassandra A
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My friend and I have been travelling all over the world staying in countless budget hostels and hotels so are used to and expect poor quality rooms. This 'hotel' is by far the worst hotel I have ever stepped foot in in my life. We were in a 'twin room' and it was literally a room with a bed, barely bigger than a single bed. The door could not open fully as the room was so small and we couldn't fit our luggage in the room. Smaller than a prison cell. It was disgustingly dirty, stained sheets with hair everywhere. The walls are so thin you can hear everything. We felt so un safe and disgusted that we chose to pay to change or flights home than stay in this place for another night. There is no way this accomodation can be legal.

3  Thank Katie-Huyton
Reviewed 23 May 2013

you should not be allowing such type of unclean buildings which doesn't even have a lift and the diretiest rooms ever. This was one of the worst experiences I had. Had I known that these type of rooms you guys are calling hotels, I will never ever in my life will look again at your web site to book a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 19 May 2013

OK guys my experience at the World Hotel Chinatown NY; this place is so tunneled deep in to the heart of Chinese land in America, the Hotel rooms are very small with paper thin walls and a rotten smell is the first dip, I was in a one bed baby room which was the size of a dog-cage, too many rooms share two rest rooms on each floor-if u can’t hold your pee p then u may look somewhere else. There is no elevator you should be ready to take a steep as s walk to your room, The staff is kinda angry I guess they don’t talk much but you will never see them smiling at you, outside is very decorated streets but unfortunately most of the boards and advertisements are written in Chinese. Lots of Chinese restaurants, man I am meddle eastern I don’t like Chinese food because I am eating Halal food only, lots of groceries shops, cheap watches and all other fake gifts u could name. Walk the streets and you won't hear much English spoken, At first blush it seem fantastic but after a day or two it seems like you are in the wrong place. Anyway I won’t recommend this hotel for anyone because it doesn't even looks like a hotel from inside. It’s like a building built for drug addicts. Kinda rusty place, I don’t want u to embarrass your girlfriend good luck

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jamal R
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Manhattan is expensive. But if you dont want to pay more then 200-300 dollar this is your only option. Take a "deluxe" room then you have your own bath room for 130 dollar per night. Its fairly clean. There are no elevators in the building we where lucky just 2 stairs up!! We had no window in the room and sometimes it sounds like the neigbour is in your room. Verry thin walls. China town is nice and at least you are in Manhattan!!! I is not the worst hotel i have been in but you only want to pay this much for a hotel like this in Manhattan.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Not only do I second all the negative feedback given so far that I've read, but as a practicing architect I feel the need to pass on the knowledge that this hostel is violating numerous building codes. Not only is this place disgusting, but if any of the pee soaked rooms somehow caught fire, lets just say you're screwed if you live above the first floor. Such a shady place that is bound to be shut down soon. Oh, and when I asked the kid at the front desk if they understood the building code violations, all he said was, "Yeah I know" in a prideful teenager way. Oh and those pictures CANNOT be accurate, I felt like I was sleeping in my car trunk.