“Great Great Location, and modern building (with Elevators) but way too loud!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oakwood at Longacre House
Ranked #426 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brooklyn, New York
“Great Great Location, and modern building (with Elevators) but way too loud!”
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Living here with throught Oakwookd for temp housing as I just moved to NYC. Building is in a great location. 1 bedroom apartment I am in is normal, not NY sized which is great. I have always stayed in Oakwood Corp housing with one exception when I lived in Wisconsin and I wated with Bridgestreet (never again!).

Ok, here is the real skinny-->

Pros: Location, decent gym, convenience (grocery stores, Riteaid downstairs, C, C trains downstairs, Bus M50 across the street, other subway stops with 5-10 minute walk, doormen/women, good restaurants, Blockbuster, etc), 3 elevators, Parking next door

Cons: Lack of quiet ( I know I am in NYC but geez, they could have used reinforced windows, you can hear women walk down the street in heels and people coughing, I kept feeling like someone was clibming up my window but it was just the ambient noise from the street below), Request a unit as high up as possible but I am not sure that will help, Washers $2.50!!, Dryers $2.50!!!, elevators sometimes slow, I get the sinking feeling that this is also a hotel? I see so many folks with suitcases everyday. Safety hasn't been an issue so far but when I see so many new faces all the time, it makes me a tad nervous, parking next door $400/month (more if you have a full sized SUV) and only valet service, Expensive rate $199/day (but I guess in line with the NYC market for a fully furnished, all inclusive place. However, building is still more expensive than most, since to rent a similar sized (unfurnished ) unit is $2700-3200/month and I have seen similar modern buildings for similar sized apt (750 sqft) for $2100-$2800.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business