“Snow White as you have never seen her”
Review of Park Avenue Armory

Park Avenue Armory
Reviewed 5 July 2013

This exhibit of art by Paul McCarthy who is an LA based
artist is fabulous-but it is "X:" rated and you sit with people you do not know watching some highly graphic movies. Iloved it, butnot for everyone i am sure

There are newer reviews for Park Avenue Armory

Reviewed 12 April 2013

The Park Avenue Armory may not be as large as the Jacob Javitz Convention Center, but it is also not as remote location-wise. My wife and I actually had tickets to see a performance of the Royal Shakespeare Company in the Armory (part of that summer's Lincoln Center Festival) but had to pass the tickets off to friends. More recently, we did get to go there for the Travel & Leisure Global Bazaar - again, not on the scale of the NY Times travel show every winter held in Jacob Javitz, but just the right size for an afternoon of fun and exploration of global travel.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I have been here twice for the NY Print Fair and now the Winter Antiques Show. I wish I could have gone upstairs and really toured the building. The events here are first rate and the wood paneling, paintings, and decor are amazing. It is a shame it is not more available to the public for viewing. I can only imagine the history of the place.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Ann Hamilton's installation at the Park Avenue Armory is a delight. The Armory by itself is worth a visit, but the swings and the huge curtain and, if you stay until near closing, the soloist way up high, the pigeons and the serene stillness makes this extra special.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

I've read about special events at the Park Avenue Armory, but last week in NY I got to be part of one, a special exhibit called "the event of a thread," a piece of interactive performance art by Ann Hamilton. It was wonderful! The building is historic, and huge, so even when events are held there that attract thousands, there's a lot of space. The staff was super-helpful, and the interactive art was mesmerizing. On your next visit to NY, I encourage you to see what's at the Park Avenue Armory and stop by. We only paid $12/person for our visit (same price as a movie ticket, half the price of the Met Museum), but enjoyed the experience so much more than any movie I can remember.

1  Thank Yvonne C