“Great Italian Choice in Upper East Side”
Review of Bottega Restaurant

Bottega Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottega Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,084 of 14,525 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was my first visit but my friend and his wife dine here often and I can see why. We had a delightful meal last night. The ambiance is relaxed and has the feel of a comfortable neighborhood place but also the elegance of fine dining. The service was impeccable & friendly. The food memorable. We split a portobello mushroom stuffed with lump crab meat. I ordered the pan seared sole and my friend had a seafood pasta. My only wish is that there was a little more creativity in the menu choices - a few creative options in addition to the standards. We were not up for a bottle of wine but were pleased that there was a very good selection of wine by the glass. For a fine Italian restaurant - or any one for that matter - in this neighborhood the price was most reasonable. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Good food , very great service.Have had dinner twice never disappointed , loved ....next time I'm going back for my Birthday party ...

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Do yourself a favor and don't pay attention to the positive posts and ignore the negative. Cannot imagine why anyone wouldn't enjoy themselves here. This place was truly wonderful.

You will feel completely welcomed by the people greeting you at the door. The other diners were just a happy pleasant group of people. We just wanted drinks and appetizers and sat near the front windows which was so much fun because you can do a lot of people watching....it was the holidays so everyone was in good spirits. The music, the lighting, the server, the food... everything was perfect. One of the best spur of the moment dining experiences.

Our drinks were a bit stiff...lol so one of us approached the bartender and she happily remedied it...no biggie.

Will definitely go back and highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was in the area because a family member was at NY Prebyterian Hospital and this was just a short walk away.

Everything that we had was great (insalata di avocado, melon wrapped in prosciutto, calamari, veal saltimboca, rigatoni de bologna, all delicious!) You can get 1/2 orders of the pasta dishes which was great.

All of the staff that we encountered was very friendly. We had Alexandria was our bardenter and Juan was our server and they could not have been nicer.

I highly recommend this if you happen to be in the area and want Italian food!