“We treated ourselves at Tre dici...worth it!”
Review of Tre dici - CLOSED

Tre dici
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenues
Transit: 1 train to 28th St. & 7th Ave. C/E trains to 23rd St. 8th Av. R train to 28th St. & Broadway F/V train to 23rd St. & 6th Av.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were on our way home from Jersey City when we thought about stopping by Tre dici for a late dinner. My wife had met the wife of one the chefs and had promised we would dine there soon. Unfortunately, the chef was off on this evening! However, this did not dampen our enthusiasm for this visit. The first thing to note is that there are two levels to the restaurant, the second accessible through a building entrance next door. The lighting is soft and dim, the decor wonderfully old-school (tin ceiling, leather chairs) and there are a couple of tables facing the street below. Although we did not have reservations, we were promptly seated as it was not crowded when we arrived. Service was prompt and attentive, and the menu and specials sounded absolutely delicious. We chose the tomato-and-mozzarella appetizer topped with roasted peppers and my wife had a pasta dish while my entree was a baked white fish with spinach. It was a taste attack of the best kind and just filling enough for the late hour! The dessert menu was too overwhelming but we have promised ourselves to return for another culinary assault!

1  Thank YkrsNative

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My daughter and I recently had dinner at Tre Dici. We were staying at the Hilton and the front desk recommended them. Since we are both vegetarians, we asked the waitress if the chef would be willing to revise certain dishes for us to omit the meat. It was their pleasure to do so and as a result we both had fantastic meals. Beautiful salads, spring ravioli, heavenly feather light cheesecake and absolutely the most delicious 20 layer crepe "cake" for dessert. I also had their special berry vodka lemonade (with fresh crushed blueberries) served in a mason jar which was pure heaven. Tre Dici is on the smaller side and the low lighting makes for a very pleasant atmosphere. Waitress was the perfect level of attentive without being overbearing. She also knew the menu inside and out and was happy to recommend favorites. Prices are what you'd expect for in NY, but as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and at Tre Dici you get a wonderful meal for price you pay. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We really enjoyed our meal in the Tre dici steak restaurant. The steak were good although not great. My highlight was the fries with truffle oil and parmesan which were amazing ! The restaurant was really quiet when we visited (a weekday evening), the service was attentive and the decor was baroque style. Although we could not see much as the lights were really deem. It was a lovely romantic dinner !

1  Thank Vyvybrown
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Wow! This little gem was just right opposite our hotel and so perfect, there is another restaurant next door to this one and at first didn't know which to choose - but we were really glad we chose
Tre Dici!

Lovely lighting, the seating was comfortable and very cosy. My husband and I had a nice little nook behind the bar. Our waitress, Chelsea was very informative and very friendly and attentive. We are not "big" eaters but the portion sizes were great which is something in NYC that we had previously found to be quite small, but not here. Also a Vegetarian option was not a problem, which is very important for me.

The Very Berry Lemonade cocktail was delicious and the food, well, I would go so far as to say it was the most delicious meal we had in NYC! Great food, great prices in a lovely little place! We highly recommend - more restaurants should be like this - sadly they are not.

1  Thank Supermom23
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I might have rated Tre Dici four stars had I not dined two days later at a Murray Hill Italian called Marcony which was excellent and thus caused Tre Dici to pale in comparison. Tre Dici is a very attractive Chelsea room which did not stand up to a 23 rating in Zagat's. The service team was perfunctory and quite impressed with themselves. The food while imaginative was served in very small portions which did not sit well with a real 220 pound Italian like myself. The farfalle Nero with lobster and the Pappadalla with short ribs were good but not outstanding and were probably more in proportion for the beautiful young people who dine there. It certainly is not bad but is certainly is not worth price.