“centralparkhorses is a JOKE”

Central Park Horses
Brockport, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“centralparkhorses is a JOKE”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked a carriage ride with centralparkhorses.com a few weeks ago when my girlfriend and I visited NYC. I paid $139 for a proposal package and had planned out how I was going to propose to her. I got an e-mail stating a driver would call me before hand to make things were all good to go. I never got a call and was on time at the predetermined meeting spot they gave me in the e-mail. Nobody showed up. We luckily walked across the street and a man named Irwin and Snowflake (his horse) agreed to take us on a tour. I appreciated him doing that but I couldn't explain to him what the tour was supposed to be because my girlfriend was there. We got a basic tour and I was able to propose to my now fiance but when I tried calling the company about not showing up and almost ruining everything they won't call me back or respond to my e-mail requests to speak to a supervisor. What a joke of a company. Do not use them ever, they took my money, screwed me over, and do not have the balls to even call me back to speak with me. Use Irwin and Snowflake if you ever decide to go on a carriage ride.

6 Thank James C

Rogers, Arkansas, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Even Fun at Night”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Carmelo and Little King took our family of 5 on an enchanting 45 minute tour of Central Park at night. Even with light snow we were cozy and enjoyed seeing the sights where so many films were made.

I hope the mayor rethinks his plan to abolish horse and carriages. This is a must do when visiting NYC

3 Thank WarthogNWA
Ipswich, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great idea”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Doing a horse carrage ride is the best, we did all of they could give us in Central Park. Loved it, ppl r very knowledgeable too. Horses very tame.

2 Thank possum2890
Warrington, Cheshire
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A quiet part of NYC”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We pre-booked a horse and carriage ride in the UK. I am glad we did this, although there isn't a need to pre-book as they are like taxis along 59th street. It was a lovely mode of transport to tour Central Park and very comfortable. The guide was also very informed and we learnt a lot about the area. We visited on a Saturday which together with Sunday and Bank Holidays is motor vehicle free. One of the favourite parts of the trip

2 Thank N0rthernM0nkeys
Canberra, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“central park horses”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

do not book a central park tour with the company in the attached link-
we had our tour booked for thursday night 2nd of Jan 2014, around this time newyork was letting people know that a blizzard was coming,
it was coming close to the time of our tour when we rang the company to confirm exactly where they would like us to met them, when my husband phone they stated were not operating tonight(mind you they havent called us and there is less than an hour till our tour was meant to begin!)
we of course asked why? his respond was that they had been told they cant not operate because of the blizzard ( it hadnt even started snowing yet!)
we asked what was meant to happen with our tour we were leaving the next day and didnt have time to book the tour for another day!
we asked when they have found about not been able to orperate -he stated rudely 10am!! so why hadnt we heard of this before half an hour before our tour was to begin.. we were extremely upset and disapointed that noone had let us know we had only found out because we rang them!
the so called manager on the phone was so rude it was discusting! we demanded a refund which he went on to yell at us.. and that when we got back home to Australia to email the company and we will recieve a refund- ive since then sent about 6 emails and left voices mails i even send an email on their website and have heard nothing!! but when booking the tour they were more than happy to respond to any question i might have had,being that it was christmas the prices were high for half an hour we paid $89 US which was $110 AUD all were wanting is our money back and even once we do its still not what we paid AUD to begin with.
its upsetting knowing that we had been there all week waiting for this tour with excitment and it was cancelled! and the horses are going to stop this year , so we will never actually get to have a tour like this again.. if you are travelling to newyork and want one of these tours there are horses everywhere and i honstely dont think you have to book in. theyre lined up along side central park waiting for customers!
but please dont not book in with the compnay with the link ive attached he was extremely rude!!

Visited January 2014