“2 Drink minimum costs alot”
Review of Comic Strip Live

Comic Strip Live
Ranked #45 of 144 Fun & Games in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Comedy club that has seen the likes of Jerry Seinfeld, Eddie Murphy, Paul Reiser and Adam Sandler gracing its stage.
McAlisterville, PA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“2 Drink minimum costs alot”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This club did bring a few laughs, but I found it to be very expensive for the amount of laughs. There were plenty of comedians on that night, but only a few were good. The mc really struggled with his job. The drinks were ok, but very expensive. The price to get in was only $15, but till 2 of us had drinks and tip we spent $ 140. Not worth it, so if you decide to go drink soda for $6 a glass.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank Greg S

Hoi An, Vietnam
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great fun”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Very very funny! had a great time well worth it, went with my girlfriend and her family was hilarious. The have food available stick to the popcorn though!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank mia g
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“DISINFORMING CUSTOMERS TO BUY DRINKS BEFORE ENTERING SHOW AND THEN CHARGING THEM XTRA BECAUSE NOT BOUGHT INSIDE SHOW?”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

What a scam!!! I just left the Comic Strip Live after they tried to rip me off. Upon arrival I was told that everyone has to buy two items so while I waited in the bar area (the same bar that serves the club) to enter, I bought some of their crappy over priced popcorn and an Stella, two items. When we got inside we bought three more items, total of 5. Midway through the final act, the server interrupted our time to say that I need to buy yet more items as I had not bought the quota of items. I said I'd bought two before entering based on a staff member's suggestion and was then told that that purchase didn't count because it wasn't during the show. I was livid. She then said that the manager insisted that it be paid. I left the amount that I believed I owed and while I could have slipped out without paying at all, I thought I'd do what they seem to not be able to do: be honest and not rip people off!!! You suck Comedy Strip!!!

Visited November 2013
5 Thank Chris R
NJ
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“It's a comedy club -- you've seen 1, you've seen 'em all”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I’m not a fan of stand-up but my husband is, so every so often I get dragged to a show. We’ve been here before. The on-line advanced ticket system is easy to navigate; the ticket price is also cheap ($15). The drinks are watered down and over priced ($12 with a 2 drink / $20 pp minimum) but you have to expect that going in. I was particularly disappointed this time because the tonic in my vodka and tonic was flat. The comedians were good; the MC was funny. The bathroom is too small for the number of people in the club and they need a better system / line before the show. This time we were seated behind the “rail” that divides the two rooms. I was pretty happy with this because we didn’t have to share a table with strangers; we had a direct line of sight to the stage without being a “target” and I had sufficient leg and elbow room, which is a true luxury in a comedy club.

East Stroudsburg
“Best experience of my life!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

One of the most amazing times I ever have. If you ever get the time. Take the comic strip live comedy tour. Outstanding,fun, exciting. Special thanks to Marshall stevenson who made my experience a memorable one.Being able to get up on the stage was a one in a life time experience.A must see tour. If you like comedy you won't want to miss this.