The Maritime Hotel
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Fitness centre
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$192
  • Restaurant
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
US$189
US$159
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$421
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewschelsea marketporthole windowsmeatpacking districtthe high linemario batali restaurantrooms are smallwhitney museumthe meat packing districtnew yorkroom servicehudson riverthe penthousecontinental breakfastbath productsbusiness travelerhome away from homewine and cheese
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently returned from a 3-night stay at The Maritime Hotel. As a woman traveling alone in the city, I found this hotel to be the perfect place for me. My room was quite comfortable and quiet. Even the bed was great. The bathroom had all the amenities I could want. All the rooms face west, which was really nice. The location is close to the subway and within walking distance of Penn Station. The neighborhood is charming and safe. I had dinner the night I arrived and breakfast all 3 mornings at the hotel restaurant. The food was great. The staff was very professional and made me feel comfortable and welcome. When I needed a cab the doorman got one of me, which I appreciated. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

DanaG- Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor. Also, thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. We are glad to hear you felt The Maritime was a perfect place for you. We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If we can ever be of assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Maritime several times now, and for me it is the perfect New York hotel! Firstly the location right is perfect, you have the Meatpacking District, Greenwhich Village and Chelsea all pretty much on your doorstep and it is within a blocks walk of the nearest subway, which makes getting in from JFK very cheap and easy with a connection to the AirTrain,

The new Deam hotel has opened next door, so when walking down the street ensure you go in the right entrance - the Dream is bigger and louder and everytime we walked past had crowds of people hanging outside. The entrance to the Maritime is a few doors down, and much more subtle.

The guys on the door are always happy to help carry any luggage or bags up the short (about 10) stairs into what is probably my favourite hotel lobby in the world. You walk in and immediately I feel calm, peace and welcomed home. Looking down the length of the room there is a roaring fire at the end that if you are lucky you can curl up in front of with a nice glass of wine, or you can relax on the many sofa's, maybe just sit for a chat or even read a book. Some say that it is too dark - I don't get that at all. It is warmly lit with great subtlety to set the atmosphere and ambiance.

Checkin is always a breeze, and several times I have arranged to have parcels delivered to the hotel for me - always ready and waiting when I arrive. Then up to the room.

A word of warning here, unless you book one of the penthouse suites the rooms here aren't huge - they are a good cosy size. A decent size bed, good pillows (we usually request firmer ones on arrival), usable safe (fits laptop with DSLR camera), wardrobe, well stocked minibar, desk, mini hifi, cordless phone and DVD player. Then a large porthole window looking out over Chelsea Market.

They don't provide a kettle / coffee machine in the room but a quick call down to reception and this is immediately provided, with an excellent selection of both teas and coffee's.

They have recently updated their air conditioning controls which was very welcome - you were never 100% sure if the old one was actually working!

Perfect location, amazing lobby, friendly helpful staff, gorgeous comfortable room - what more could you ask for in NYC?

Room Tip: A high floor for minimal noise, and if you like a bath make sure to request one as a lot of rooms only have a shower.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

FozzyO- Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor. Also, thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and your experience here. We loved your review and appreciate all the things you had to say about the hotel decor and staff. Glad to know that you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities we offer like the tea kettle/coffee machine. We did just update our ventalation system in hopes to make it a easier and better guest experience. Each member of our staff gets to read your feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. If we can ever be of assistance please don't hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I loved this hotel - would definitely stay here again. Once you realise how easy, inexpensive and reliable the subway is, you needn't worry about not staying "close" to Times Square etc. In fact I preferred this area to our midtown hotel.

Reservation staff were delightful as were the desk staff throughout our stay.

Easy walk from the subway (E- line which covers a lot of Manhattan and links with lots of other lines) - really only one block and very flat. There is a flight of stairs to the lobby, but there is always someone to help with your bags (even when we left at 6am)

Right near the high line and Chelsea market.

I loved the lobby, some have said they found it dark and/or uninspiring - I did not. Really enjoyed the decor enormously. There are lounges, and books and lots to look at - not a sterile, "hospital" style lobby at all. Gas log fire adds to the ambience.

The corridors on the room floors are painted a very very dark blue (maritime theme I guess) so some may find this dark as well - I think it added to the experience and we could still see perfectly well.

Room was spotlessly clean and was very roomy compared to our other hotel. There was a large porthole window and plenty of storage space.

There was a BATH in the bathroom YAY - a bit unusual for New York I think. Had a lovely soak after a long day. Bathroom amenities were top quality.

Mattress and pillows were very comfortable, linen gorgeous. Room temperature was fine. We weren't there in the height of the summer so can't comment on the aircon.

Lots of choice in the minibar - some "gourmet" and local products and several interesting alcoholic beverages - not just the run of the mill stuff. A refreshing change :)

Stay here - we loved it!!

Room Tip: We were on the tenth floor overlooking the water (OK there were a few buildings partially blocking our view, but we really enjoyed the sunset and we didn't feel "hemmed in" as we had in our Midtown hotel)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Justpuppyopinion

Justpuppyopinion- Thank you for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your time in NYC. Thank you for pointing out a lot of the amenities we have to offer and the decor of the hotel. It's a great source of both inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words. Every member of our staff has the opportunity to read your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let us know if we can every be of assistance.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Pretty small room, even for NYC, but the room is perfectly set up with a nice view, and arrangement of furniture to fit all of your stuff and still some room to roam around in. Mini-Bar and Ipod dock add the perfect touch to the hotel. Prime location. I would def come back to this and recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

a86patel- Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor, and thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Maritime Hotel. Your feedback is much appreciated and we are so glad to hear you really enjoyed your stay. Glad to know you enjoyed the room set up and some of the amenities we offer from our mini-bar and iPod docks. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime Hotel. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I loved the Maritime! From the wonderfully maintained 60s architecture to the great food at the Bottegga. Its location is perfect...right in the heart of Chelsea, near the High Line and Chelsea Market (great food mecca). The culture and life of the hipster crowd was great for drinks on the terraces and the clubs next door. The staff are attentive and polite...and they dress cool too!
The trip was primarily for business so we were able to order in room service (a bit pricey) for early breakfasts before we hit the road, and the lobby allowed for informal impromptu meetings - again with doting staff.

The rooms were awesome - amazing view out to the High Line and beyond. I loved the nautical theme, with a cabin styled and designed space. It utilised all nooks and crannies and made the room feel spacious. The mini-bar is stocked to the hilt, although I think some things are a little over-priced...but that's what you expect with a place like this. The CO Bigelow amenities are the perfect escape to a long day (lavender peppermint) - if only they sold them in stores! What we disliked was the marble flooring in the bathrooms - extremely cold to walk on, especially when you wake up in the morning! But it was something we were able to overlook due to the great service.

Overall, it was a great stay, and I'm already planning on booking there for my next NYC trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Raiwong- Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor and for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words. Every member of our staff has the opportunity to read your comments. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the 60's architecture, great food from La Bottega, the amenities we offer in the hotel, and the convenience of the neighborhood. Great to know you are already planning for your next trip to NYC. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please let us know if we can ever be of assistance.