“Another Great Stay!!!”

Ranked #149 of 466 Hotels in New York City
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Another Great Stay!!!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is my second time staying at The Maritime Hotel. I was there to do the New York thing and not on business! This hotel was great the first time I stayed and lived up to my expectations the second time around. Great loctation! I got to do what I was there to do Shop, Eat & Drink. The hotel is right on the corner of The Meatpacking district filled with great shops, restaurants, and bars. It was great to return back to the hotel after such busy days and relax and sleep. I love the beds and linens at this hotel! Great overall staff from arrival to departure. Allen the bellman was such a joy to deal with and the front desk/concierge were very tentative and helpful to my needs. Highly reccomend this hotel and will continue to return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
MCTropics2250- I'm happy to hear you had another great stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback on TripAdvisor. We are glad to here the hotel was accommodating and that you enjoyed the room (especially the bed) and your stay with us. We look forward to your return again and again. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in the near future. All the best, Matt Moore- General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
basking ridge, new jersey
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Although this was not my first stay at The Maritime it most likely will be my last. I purchased this evening through Jetsetter and it appears that as a Jetsetter client you are not quite treated the same---and not in a good way I might add. Upon reservation made at least 10 days before my stay I had indicated in writing I would like a quiet room on a higher floor away from the elevator
The hotel tends to get a noisy crowd at night in their outside garden and restaurant. The window plugs they provide in the rooms does very very little to muffle the outside disturbances. I had an early morning meeting and required quiet to do some work as well as a good nights sleep. Upon checking Christopher was quick to tell me they were sold out and that my request could not be honored and I would be on the second floor (and to add insult to injury room 209 was next to the elevator as well). He let me know about the "wonderful" window plugs and I acknowledged that I was quite familiar with them as I had been a guest in the past. He said"no, we have this as your first visit" and "besides you are on a prepaid Jetsetter rate" as if that should make my class of room or service any different from someone else's. I mentioned to him that I was sure not everyone had checked in and maybe he could locate another room for me----sorry was all he could say. It is unfortunate, I had little sleep as my room was right in front of the outside garden and restaurant and music was loud until well past 12:30 am.
The Maritime continues to be spotlessly clean, with nice room amenities, however due to Christopher's' and Kimberly's' lack of customer service you have lost my business and my husband's as well( he stayed there on company business often).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank missybrown
missybrown-Thank you for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and thank your for choosing to stay with us at The Maritime Hotel. I apologize that your experience was not to your expectations. We value all of our guests the same and take all measures to make sure our guests our happy. I know we have placed a phone call out to you in regards to your posting on TripAdvisor and we do hope that you'll return our call so we can speak with you in regards to your stay.
Warm Regards, Matt Moore- General Manager
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a family wedding. The staff were so friendly & helpful, especially when they dealt with a party happening in the room next door in the middle of the night. We'd definitely recommend the Maritime if you want to stay in a comfortable hotel in a fantastic location close to Meatpacking and the High Line.

Stayed June 2014
JuliaandSimon- Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor and thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. It's a great source of both inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words. We hope the family wedding was enjoyable. Each member of our staff has the opportunity to read your comments. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Maritime Hotel in the near future.
All the best, Matt Moore General Manager
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Been to NY a few times in various locations and for someone travelling on their own for work, I have to say this place totally caught me by surprise. Great location - some of NY's best bars and restaurants are beneath/opposite the building (The bar, bistro and open courtyard mean you don't really have to venture out if you don't feel like it - the vibe in all three places is excellent with a mature crowd - all the try-hard hipsters go next door to the Dream Downtown hotel). Chelsea markets across the road with some of the best food on offer at cheap prices. Meatpacking district just a block away, and to hang out during the day you have the strip of bars, cafe's & restaurants along the high line just 1 block west in the direction of the water. About the hotel... super clean, friendly service, great bathroom products to indulge in (even Marvis Toothpaste from Italy??!!), Quality restoration brings back the nostalgic 60's feel about the place and it's all been done in great taste - lobby especially. Room's warm wooden features, the circular windows make for a really cool NY experience - size is above average for NYC room. If you're high enough you'll get a view of the water and the high line. Look forward to returning on my next trip. Noisy at night though - given the activity downstairs, but a small price to pay for the convenience in my view.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Gerard S- Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor. Also, thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and your experience here. We loved your review and appreciate all the things you had to say about the hotel decor, amenities and staff. Glad to know that you were able to take advantage of some of the various bars/restaurants in this great location. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. If we can ever be of assistance please don't hesitate to ask. All the best, Matt Moore - General Manager
Sydney
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Great location - across from the Chelsea Markets for decent coffee, a block from the 14th St MTA for the A, C, E and L lines, and some great diners nearby as well.

There's an on site Italian restaurant with a great al fresco courtyard that serves great food and drinks. Perfect for a terribly rainy day when we didn't want to leave the hotel.

The room isn't big, but the window opened (always a plus), the bathroom was well appointed with great products, and the decor was fresh and whimsical. I loved it. I was travelling with my colleagues and stayed in my own room, but I might enquire about a bigger room if I were rooming with someone.

Friendly staff. Only downside is the very steep stairs at entrance. If you've had a drink, watch your step.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Jetlagwoofer-Thank you for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us during your time in NYC. Thank you for pointing out a lot of the amenities we have to offer and the great location. Chelsea Market is a wonderful spot! It's a great source of both inspiration and assistance to receive feedback from our guests and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words. Every member of our staff has the opportunity to read your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance.
All the best, Matt Moore - General Manager
Palm Springs
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I enjoyed my stay. Excellent service across the board. Rooms are nicely outfitted and the nautical vibe was unique. The boutique restaurant has an excellent menu and a great wine selection. The service was friendly and prompt. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed October 2013
Sharon G-Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. We are glad to hear you felt The Maritime was " excellent across the board". We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If we can ever be of assistance please don't hesitate to ask.
All the best, Matt Moore - General Manager
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife and I just stayed at The Maritime Hotel. The experience was everything we wanted and more! Great design, location, and staff. Highly recommend this hotel the Nautical design theme is really neat but not tacky whatsoever. The surrounding areas are all great. We walked to the Chelsea Market(across the street) for coffee each morning and then down to the Highline(a block away). The Meatpacking district has great restaurants and shops(thanks to the super friendly and knowledgeable front desk staff). The room was very clean and spacious for my wife and I. We will definetly be back as we really enjoyed our experience. Keep on doing what your doing Maritime!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt M, General Manager at The Maritime Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
StevenSC16-Thank you so much for passing on your comments on TripAdvisor and thank you for staying with us at The Maritime Hotel. We are glad to hear you and your wife enjoyed this "wonderful oasis in the city". Sounds like the two of you enjoyed a lot of great things in the area and what the hotel has to offer. We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If we can ever be of assistance please don't hesitate to ask. All the best, Matt Moore - General Manager