“Great way to see New York”

Ranked #300 of 628 Tours in New York City
Type: City Tours, Tours
Bogota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great way to see New York”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have already donde this tour 3 times, every time I go to New York I will do it again, because somehow Jerry makes it possible for you to discover something new each time. it is a great way to get to see the main attractions of New York and find out where you want to return over the next days.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank caritomes

Budapest, Hungary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Up-up-up-up-up”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I took this tour with 20 other people, mostly young from all over the world. The tour is tough, 14 hours, yeah. Jerry is amazing guy, no words to describe. The guy is 76, doing this tour twice a week and he loves it, loves New York and tells stories in his own style. We thought at several points at the tour that it can't get better, when it did - not just the way the tour develops in the city, we were laughing so hard on the stories and comments from Jerry.
He brought us to great places for lunch and dinner, for great value.
I'm really glad I did this on my first day in New York, the best way to discover it from a New Yorker's eye! Do this only if you can walk 20kms in 14 hours!

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Attila M
Nottingham
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Jerry is a legend!! Best way to see New York.”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This tour is incredible, in 15 hours you get to see more of New York than you ever thought possible, and all for just $10. Jerry is the best tour guide I've ever had. Having lived in this city all his life he is full of knowledge and more than happy to share it with you. He loves a good sing song, my favourite was a little folk song - I did what I could.

He's just the sweetest man and will stop people in the street to have a chat and take their photo.

This tour does involve a lot of working but it's so worth it, and if Jerry can do it twice a week then most people can surely do it once in a lifetime!! Our group was 20 strong and all but 4 made it to the end, the 4 leaving around 10pm after 12 hours so they didn't do badly!

Jerry, if you read this thank you, we had the best time and it wouldn't have been possible without you!!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank -x-buttercup-x-
Huntersville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“LONGEST Day Ever”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

It's billed as a 10 hour walking tour...but really, it's 14 hours long, from 10AM to after midnight. We took a large youth group on this tour, thinking it was the most efficient way to see the whole city as a group. But really, we spent the vast majority of the time standing around, trying in vain to hear what Jerry was saying. Most of the time, his "facts" and tidbits weren't super relevant to whatever place he had stopped. If the group waiting to go in the morning is large, you are better off skipping this tour and checking out NYC on your own. It's just too hard to hear him and have a meaningful tour. Jerry himself was super nice and helpful, but the tour was miserable by the end. We (and another 4 person group) left the tour about hour 8 to finish up Times Square and dinner by ourselves and I don't regret leaving the tour behind at all.

Visited July 2013
6 Thank Victoria N
Chichester, United Kingdom
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Amazing value and the nicest guy you'll ever meet!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

So Jerry has been doing this tour for years, twice a week, and for just $10 you get 13 hours of sights all with excellent tour commentary from a lovely man who knows NYC very well. I loved his random facts, and his singing was soooo funny! This is a must do if you have time during your stay, as you will see a little of everything that NYC has to offer, from the outside, but free except for subway costs! You stop in a nice grocery shop to get a fresh sandwich for lunch, and then to an Indian restaurant for a set dinner for a good price. I definitely recommend this day tour!

Visited February 2013