“Nice big rooms for a Hampton in NYC”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District
Ranked #232 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oakton, Virginia
“Nice big rooms for a Hampton in NYC”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Rooms were big and the hotel was very clean. Food and wait staff not the best. We don't go there for the food anyway. Right near the Brooklyn bridge. We are GOLD members but were not given an upgrade that I know of. Needed to point member status out to front desk. View was overlooking construction site. Would I go back? Yes. Most important clean and BIG ROOMS!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear michele c,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Seaport! I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms very clean and of ample size. I will certainly share your feedback with my Breakfast Host to ensure we work together to improve our breakfast service. Feedback like yours helps us continually improve the experience that we deliver to our patrons.

Maggie Houston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
tucson, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The cheapest room is very noisy - its in the basement and shares a wall with hthe elevator leading to very loud noises that are hard to tune out because they are sudden and intermittent. Earplugs helped, but didn't fully do the trick. The room is small (its manhattan afterall), but it has everything you need.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear John M,

I'm sorry to hear that you had difficulty sleeping during your recent visit. While some guests enjoy our C Level rooms due to their back patio space, these rooms are close to our elevator and may be noisy for other patrons.
While I can't take back your experience, I do appreciate your sharing your feedback. If you frequent Hampton or Hilton hotels often, please consider joing our HHonors program. Members of HHonors have member profiles that contain preferences such as room type/location. This helps hotels ensure that we place guests in rooms which meet with their preference to ensure a satisfactory visit. (Guests of HHonors also have the advantage of earning points and/or airline miles for visits with any of the Hilton Family of hotels).

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Everyone in the hotel was professional and helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean. My family had a great time in NYC that weekend. Even with the rain all weekend. Looking forward to returning and doing a sunny weekend in the Seaport District. Can't wait until the Pier is finished with new development.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear 399lizh,

I am very pleased to hear that you and your family had a wonderful visit at the Hampton Inn Seaport (despite our "spring showers"). My team and I will look forward to welcoming you back during the sunny summer season. (There are fantastic boat tours that depart minutes from hotel that I am sure you would enjoy!)

All the Best,

Highland Park, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We arrived late at night, dark and rainy, with a sleeping baby and a bunch of luggage. Staff was AMAZINGLY helpful with everything. I had a little trouble with internet connection (new computer) and staff came to the room to guide me through it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Samuel B,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to compliment my team. I am pleased to hear that our team was able to assist you quickly to ensure you and your family were comfortably accomodated. I do hope that you'll visit us again during a future visit to NYC.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Still at this hotel, just waiting in the lobby for a taxi to JFK. What a smashing little hotel, really handy for Wall st, Chinatown, and Freedom tower. Right next to the Brooklyn bridge we loved it. Staff are extra special, providing menus for takeaways or recommending local restaurants. We have stayed at Hilton's all over the world, some of the flagships could learn a thing or two from these guys on the frontdesk. Hope to be back soon.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear allisonapeters,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. I am happy to learn that you had a "smashing" experience at our hotel. We are fortunate to be located close to several of downtown's best attractions so I am pleased to hear that you loved your visit.
Thank you as well for complimenting the professionalism of our front desk team. I will be sure to share your praise!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2014

If I was rating the staff alone I wouldn't have any complaints. Unfortunately that's not the case. My experience at this hotel was horrible. Directly next to our room was a construction site that woke me up the same time every morning. If that wasn't bad enough the walls are so paper thin I can hear all activities in the hallway,in the rooms next to me and above me. Not to mention that one of the doors that lead to the stairway is directly in front of my door so every time someone came up the stairs the door would slam behimd them causing the entire room to shake. This was constant in the mornings to the afternoon because of the cleaning staff who also liked to congregat in front of my room and have long conversations. I had to be here for a week and by the fourth day I was at my end and wanted to get the hell out of this hotel. Also keep in mind that the rooms are very close together so you're practically living on top of your neighbors. Other than that the location is great and for the most part the staff is polite. Just don't stay on the 2nd floor or you'll never get any sleep.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank sphinx00
Dear sphinx00,

I'm very sorry to hear of your experience at our hotel. Please be assured that I have already shared your feedback with my Director of Housekeeping and his team. While the hotel is a bit limited in reducing off-property noise, we should absolutely work our hardest to ensure that internal noise is limited so that our guests can sleep comfortably. While I know that this does not make up for your experience, I do wish for you to know how helpful your feedback is in ensuring our hotel always strives to improve the experience that we deliver to our guests.
If you would grant me the opportunity, I would certainly appreciate your giving us the chance to give you the stay you had been anticipating. Please feel free to contact me directly (maggie.houston@hhmlp.com, 212.571.4400 x7112).

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I used to really like this hotel but I think I just completed my last stay there. First let me say that the staff are great. I've had a handful of issues the last two times there and they've been extremely attentive. They comped me a room for one night on this trip and comped me two nights my previous stay there. They claim they want everything to be right and they stand behind it by not making you pay if it's not. Kudos to them. Still, I don't choose my hotels based on whether I'm going to be reimbursed for a bad stay. I choose hotels based on price, location and most importantly, comfort. My last stay wasn't horrible but I'm a firm believer that the devil is in the detail and there are a few devilish details at this property. First, it's directly next to a construction site so don't be surprised to be woken by jackhammers at 7 am. It's a parking garage so it's cavernous and echos a lot. For the 2nd stay in a row, there were big issues with the cable TV. Many of the primary stations (all of Fox, CBS, ABC, FoodTV, etc...) were available when I checked in but I got a "no signal" when I tried watching the next day. The staff called Time Warner in so it was eventually fixed but I shouldn't have to raise the issue. It's cable TV for gosh sakes. No brainer. I also had a battle with the detachable shower head to the point where it broke and I had to use the wand to wash myself. I just wanted a "regular" shower but didn't get one. And although minor, why would the clock radio display not be illuminated??? Who wants to turn on the lights at 3 am just to see what time it is??? Simple, seemingly small things but they add up. The property has great potential but they have to get their arms around these ongoing little issues if they want me back.

Room Tip: There are nicer, cheaper rooms down by Wall Street. Seaport is a really nice area but there are sti...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Gyugdggsj
Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Gyugdggsj,

While I am pleased to hear that our staff show true empathy in their promise to "make things right", I am absolutely sorry to learn of the difficulties you've encountered on past visits with our hotel.
I have just started my tenure with the hotel and am completing my second week with the property. While it is hard to learn of the deficiences that require immediate resolution, I absolutely appreciate your sharing your experience so that I may share your feedback with my team to ensure that we immediately take drastic measures to deliver not only 5-star service but also a 5-star experience.
If you would grant me the opportunity, I would certainly appreciate your giving us the chance to win your favor. Please feel free to contact me directly (maggie.houston@hhmlp.com, 212.571.4400 x7112).