“Downtown NYC Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District
Ranked #239 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, United States
“Downtown NYC Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

this Hotel is a great value for NYC, clean and the staff was excellent. The only items on the con side is that the room was small rooms and there was not a large selection for breakfast like many Hampton Inns.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Lino G M,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased that you found our hotel very clean and our staff excellent. I hope that you will come visit us again on a future visit to NYC!

Maggie Houston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My Husband and I recommend this hotel we had a great experience, Freddy Torres helped with all our needs he showed us how to take the subways and get to our destinations, he would greet us coming in and going out, gave us more soap for our bathroom. we are so happy on our next trip we are looking for the Hampton INN for sur.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear 148marthal,

Thank you so much for rating your visit 5 stars! I am very pleased to hear that Freddy helped you and your husband throughout your stay. I am sure that he will be so appreciative of your praise!

We'll look forward to welcoming you back for another romantic getaway!

Warmest Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The two best things about this property are its location and the people who currently work at the reception desk. In particular, Ms. Luisa Tejeda was very professional, helpful and always smiling - which is a rare find in NYC!

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear HPGJFG,

Lucy couldn't be happier with your recognition. Thank you for taking a moment to compliment both our location and our team. We certainly hope that you'll come visit us again. Lucy will have her smile waiting!

All the Best,

Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Room 105 is the worst room I have ever stayed in. It's right off the lobby and next to the elevator. All the lobby noise goes straight into the room. I should have asked for a different room. I won't be back.

The best part of the stay was the wine bar at Acqua which is right around the corner. Nice bar and great Italian wines .

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tim G,

I very sorry to hear that you did not sleep comfortably while visiting us. I wish we had been alerted of the difficulties you encountered so that we could have immediately found a room which better-suited your preferences. While some of our business clients prefer 1st floor rooms for ease of access, I can absolutely understand how you many have found the room too closely-located to the lobby and elevator.

Sincerely.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed for one night at this hotel due to a misconnection at JFK as a result of the bad weather conditions last weekend and with no vacancies at the airport hotels.

Cons: Room was a bit on the small side but the bed was very comfortable. The thermostat didn't work properly. We had to turn the air-conditioning off totally for a good sleep.

Pros: Breakfast was ok. The staff was friendly. Location is good, within walking distance to the Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero and Battery Park. The Fulton Street subway station is only 2 blocks away, with access to multiple lines to JFK and uptown. Not too bad for the price we paid for the room.

1 Thank AnzacTraveller
Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear AnzacTraveller,

While your visit may have been unexpected, I am pleased to hear that our hotel's location and friendly staff made your experience worthwhile. Thank you for making us aware of the room's HVAC issue. I have informed my engineer to your commentary so that we can get this issue corrected as quickly as possible. I apologize that we were not alerted to fix this issue for you during your visit.

All the Best,

Austin, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

My reservation wasn't honored (reserved a king room with a non-handicap accessible bathroom, ended up in a room with 2 double beds), there were no electric outlets accessible from the bed, the bathroom sink was clogged and barely drained, and the lobby printer didn't work. All & all, it was a very disappointing stay.

Dear Todd S P,

I am dishearted to learn that our hotel did not meet standard and represent the Hampton brand. While I can't take back your initial impression of our property, I do appreciate being made aware of our failures so that I can dilligently work to improve our operations. Please be assured that I will certainly research with my team to learn why your reserved room type was not honored and how the poor draining issue was not corrected prior to your check-in. While all our our room's bedside tables feature plug-in ports, I am sorry that this feature was not easily recognizable and that our team was not able to assist you in located the charging station.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Loved this place! We stayed for 4 nights from May 8th 2014. The hotel is in the perfect location in Lower Manhattan close to Brooklyn Bridge, Battery Park and Fulton Street subway station is within 5 minutes walk away. It is on the A line with direct links to JFK. The Hamptons rooms are nicely furnished and cleanliness is of a high standard. The breakfast is buffet style and ample with complimentary coffee and other beverages on tap in the reception 24/7. What particularly stood out for me, was that, all staff that we came into contact with where polite and professional. Nothing was ever too much trouble, and it was always service with a smile that is 100% genuine. In particular, one receptionist, Luisa was extremely helpful to myself and my partner and it was always a pleasure to see her on reception. I would certainly recommend this hotel to any of my friends who are thinking of visiting New York and plan to go back there myself with friends from the UK in a couple of months. Well done Hampton in and keep it up!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JBP1259
Dear JBP1259,

What a "gem" of a review! Thank you so very much for taking a moment to provide such detailed information to fellow future travelers. I am pleased to hear that our team's genuine service and go-to attitude left a warm impression. We will very much look forward to welcoming you back in a few months!

Warmest Regards,