“Good stay and friendly staff”

Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District
Ranked #247 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, United States
“Good stay and friendly staff”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Room was comfortable and easy to grab quick breakfast and be on our way. Had one problem with the wrong sheet on the bed and they fixed it. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. We wanted to stay in lower Manhattan and this location was convenient to financial district, 9/11 memorial and museum and brooklyn bridge. Nice relaxing weekend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Julie,

Thank you for taking a moment to review your most-recent stay. I am happy to hear that you and your partner enjoyed a nice relaxing weekend at the Hampton Inn Seaport. Our proximity to Wall Street and the 9/11 Memorial makes us a convenient location for those travelers hoping to visit lower Manhattan's best attractions.

Maggie Houston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
New York
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The location of this hotel was convenient. It wasn't quite up to the standards that we are used to as frequent Hampton Inn guests. The room was sparsely decorated...no extra chair, dresser, refrigerator, etc. The air conditioning did not work even with a visit from maintenance. Fortunately the windows opened and we were able to tolerate the noise. The tub had some mildew and one of the tiles in the bathroom floor was cracked.

Dear Jonesmen,

Thank you for reviewing your recent say. While I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel conveniently located, I am sorry to learn of the HVAC issue you encountered. We aim to deliver our guests a flawless stay and I am disappointed that we failed to correct the problem.

Best Regards,

Finger Lakes, NY
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Spent one night at this immaculate inn and was astonished by the attention to customer needs exhibited by the staff of this Hampton Inn. They know NYC and they know hospitality. I own a lodging facility so know what makes a guest glad they came and this place nets a ten out of ten in each field. Even the cafe' was awesome. Fresh fruit that was indeed fresh, made you glad you decided to eat the selections. I have stayed uptown Manhattan at the Waldorf, the Barclay, Summit, Helmsley, and the Plaza and I cannot help but say I would prefer to stay downtown at this Hampton anytime. And while you are there be sure to eat at the Acqua just around the corner for some wonderful Italian cuisine. Great job folks! The South Seaport is well worth the short stroll. Did I mention that the bed was superb?

Room Tip: Check in a tad early and tell them what you need.
1 Thank innhost
Dear innhost,

I have already shared your kind words with my team. Thank you for complimenting our efforts to go above and beyond for our guests. Summer time at the Seaport is a wonderful time of year we are excited to offer our guests plenty of fantastic local dining experiences such as Acqua. I certainly hope that you'll give us first consideration for a return trip to NYC!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I searched for months trying to find an affordable hotel in New York that wasn't insanely priced and tiny. I stumbled on Hampton Inn Seaport and crossed my fingers. A cab ride from La Guardia is going to cost you around $42 including tolls and tip. I would give yourself anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour just to play it safe. The neighborhood is a quiet residential neighborhood, which made it hard to find a cab at times. We reserved a double standard room at a military rate of $161.00. We stayed in room 304. The room and the bathroom were large for NY standards but I was sad to see there was no microwave. The beds were comfortable and the view was nothing spectacular but we could see the world trade center from our window. The walls are paper thin, you can hear every door closing and every elevator ping. There was a door that kept slamming and I think it was the housekeeping supply room. During the morning I could hear construction going on from the street loud and clear in our bathroom. I played music for my daughters at night to block out the noise but they had no problems sleeping. The free breakfast in the morning was great! They had belgium waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs, cereal, bagels and plenty to drink. I thought it was more than satisfying for a free breakfast! The staff was also incredible. They gave my daughter candy when they saw her crying, they gave us free water bottles, always hailed a cab for us, and held our luggage after we checked out. I really enjoyed the location of the hotel because there was two playgrounds within walking distance. One night we lost my daughter's baby bottle and were able to buy a new one at the 24 Duane Reed that is two blocks away. Crisis averted. The seaport was small but very beautiful. We spent a good amount of time walking around, getting icecream and going on the ships. There are plenty of families and children so my oldest daughter throughouly enjoyed herself.
The biggest downfall of this hotel is the distance from Midtown. If you don't have kids and don't really have an itinerary then it's not a problem. But I was the maid of honor at a wedding and all the events were near Times Square. We spent around $100 on cabfare just traveling back and forth and each trip was about 15 minutes each. It was worth the hassle because even with the hotel block this hotel was about $300 cheaper.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 304 and I could hear a lot of hallway noise. I would try to stay away from the el...
1 Thank arosero23
Dear Arosero23,

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review for potential guests! I am pleased that our price and "family-friendly" neighborhood ideally fit your needs. Thank you for complimenting the efforts of our team. I am happy to hear that you found their service incredible. I will absolutely share your praise!

Best Regards,

Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Beautiful hotel in the edge of the Historic Seaport area and Financial Area. Walking distance to Seaport, Battery Park, Freedom Tower, Wall Street, China Town, and little Italy. Short subway up to midtown and other locations. Quality hotel, friendly staff, will visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Philip S,

Thank you so much for terming us a quality hotel with friendly staff. We are pleased to hear that you took great advantage of our local tourist attractions and look forward to having you visit again!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is a low rise hotel in the shadow of Brooklyn Bridge in the South Street Seaport district of Manhattan. Obviously a noisy location, so why didn't they pay more attention to soundproofing. Its hardly rocket science and I've stayed at airport hotels where the aircraft are a whisper in the background. On this stay the noise levels weren't helped by the public school construction work next door. The bedroom itself was much as you'd expect in a Hampton Inn. The space downstairs for the buffet breakfast was a bit too small and the buffet was not always kept very well topped up. The location is good if you want to be close to the Financial District, only 5 minutes walk from Wall Street. We mentioned the noise to the duty manager and he promised us some extra HHonors points as a 'sorry' but these don't seem to have ever been credited. I suppose you get what you pay for and for Manhattan this is a relatively cheap hotel. Hamptons elsewhere have been better, though.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear John_NE12,

I am very sorry to hear that you had difficulty sleeping while visiting our hotel. While our hotel has installed sound barriers between guest room doorways to reduce sound penetration, I am sorry if these additions did not assist in your sleep quality.
If you would be so kind, please contact me directly, so that I may research why the offered points have not yet been distributed in your HHonors account (maggie.houston@hhmlp.com).

Woodstock, Ga
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I were in The City to visit our daughters. We appreciate the home away from home atmosphere at Hilton properties. This Hampton Inn is smaller with maybe 65 room. The Brooklyn Bridge is within easy walking distance. The subway at Fulton St is also close by to make all of Manhattan accessible. The Freedom Tower and Trinity Church is nearby as is the Seaport Area with many activites. This area is quiet compared to other city areas, and it is very safe to walk any time. The Staff is very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are sparkling clean. The breakfast is plentiful, but the eating area is limited(it's Mahattan). We just took our breakfast to our room. It worked for us. We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear daddyman1,

Thank you so much for rating your visit 5 stars! I am pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your visit. Thank you for providing such detailed information concerning our local attractions to fellow future visitors!

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit!