“Good Location, good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District
Ranked #235 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
France
“Good Location, good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is located very close to Battery Park and South Ferry subway and ferry station. Very convenient to visit Manhattan and very quiet. The staff is very nice and helpful. They have a very decent continental breakfast with eggs/potatoes, scones, waffles included in room price, They also have free coffee all day. The rooms are comfortable, although not much space to put large suitcases, and they have a water boiler in the room. We had a very good deal for this hotel over the week-end.

Green Features: they do have separate waster and recycle trash cans,
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear zhouluke,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel ideally located and of good value. Thank you for complimenting the merits of my team. We certainly hope that you'll give us first consideration on a return visit.

Maggie Houston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
New York City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great location (South St. Seaport, Wall St., Brooklyn Bridge). Staff is SO Helpful. I try to stay here every trip to NYC. Close to the subways, Clean, great staff! You feel like you're staying at a 5 Star Hotel. Complimentary Breakfast is great. Gym pass to the NY Sports Club is greatly appreciated.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Russell R,

Thank you so much for your 5 stars and your continued loyalty! I am very pleased to hear that you make our hotel your "home away from home" whenever traveling to NYC. Thank you for complimenting the merits of my team and the services/amenities we offer. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back on each and every stay!

bayville, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The staff was very nice, can't complain. But the sheets did not fit the bed, they were a size to small eg. King bed, queen sheets. The towels just shredded as you used them, lint all over the place, therefore, all through the room. Stayed five days, and got cheated on my cleanings and sheets change. Therefore, the lint really added up on the rug, cause no one vacuumed. Yes, a good deal, great location, but I rather spend a FEW dollars more, and get better linens.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Linda F,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm very sorry to hear that the quality of our towels and sheets did not meet with your expectations. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with my Director of Housekeeping to ensure that we investigate the quality of our amenities and cleaning services. We aim to present our guests with a flawless experience and I am very sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectation.
If you would do me the honor, I would certainly like to gather more information regarding your stay. Please email me directly at maggie.houston@hilton.com. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make up for this first experience.

Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The top two reasons were location and breakfast included.
The hotel has a couple of metro and bus options very close, which made it easy to get to and from the hotel. It is away from the madness of time square which was perfect. It is walking distance to Wall Street, the charging bull, the ferry to liberty island and the 911 memorial, to name a few. The associates at front desk were all very friendly and helpful. I wish I remembered the name of the male who at check in took his time to explain our metro and bus options and also arranged a car service for our ride to JFK. His service was awesome. The breakfast was perfect with enough options. The cleanliness of the room was consistent everyday, thank you AWA. The only thing I will point out is that the AC in the middle of the night would shut down (auto mode) and that would wake me up due to how warm it got. I do recommend this hotel and definitely would return.

Room Tip: The bottom floors, elevator is a bit slow.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lis O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Seaport.
I am very pleased to hear that our staff took the time to explain the transportation system so that you and your partner could easily navigate the city. Our downtown location adjacent to the South Street Seaport is ideal for those wishing a reprieve midtown.

Thank you again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you again!

Best,

District Heights, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had a lovely stay. However (and I know this is not in their control but) there is a new school being built directly next door which obstructs your total view of NYC and the Brooklyn Bridge. I could see through the construction because it's only it's beginning stages, but once it's built those staying there will have a view of school building- Not too interesting.... But on the positive!!! the location of the hotel is great!! right around the corner from the shops at the Seaport. Other the than the view I had no complaints. Excellent staff and customer service was a plus.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maggie H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan-Seaport-Financial District, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Monique C,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay! While we are excited to welcome a new school to our community, we will unfortuantely loose city views on some of our rooms. We will, however, retain views on all of our front-facing guest rooms and on our higher floors. While we counldn't offer you an ideal view on this visit, I am pleased to hear that all other aspects of your stay exceeded expectation! Thank you for complimenting the customer service delivered by my team. We aim to please!

Warmest Regards,

Woodbridge, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The rooms were nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable. Walls are thin - I could hear neighbor's tv. The staff was pleasant and helpful. Great location!! 2 blocks to the seaport and walking distance to Battery Park. There is a great selection of food for the breakfast buffet - egg omelet, waffles, bagels, toast, sausage patties, cereals, fruit, muffins (and these are only the ones I remember). I would stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stavroula R,

Thank you so much for honoring us with 5 stars! We are pleased to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and our location ideal! Thank you for complimenting the efforts of our team as well as our amble breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Best Regards,

Waltham, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The room never got cool enough, yet the AC system kept going on an off. The hotel wouldn't let you lower the temperature past a certain point. The door wouldn't shut easily and the key stopped working in the middle of the night and then again in the morning. However, the staff was very friendly. For the price of the room, it was an unsatisfactory experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Dear Michael C,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am certainly very sorry to hear of the issues you encountered with your HVAC and door. Our hotel offers the ability for all guests to adjust temperature to need, so I will certainly ask that my Director of Engineering investigate our rooms to ensure that we correct your room's failed thermostat as quickly as possible. While I can't take back your experience, I do thank you for granting me the opportunity to correct this issue for future guests.