Let's start with the basics - hotels in New York City are outrageously expensive and notoriously small. However, we stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in a nice sized one bedroom suite for what I have paid at similar hotels in NYC for a standard room AND we received our fourth night for free! So, that put me in a great frame of mind should anything have gone wrong. The best news? Nothing went wrong! Our suite was outfitted in comfortable furniture with grey chenille and cream fabrics. The bed was so comfortable that I did not want to leave it the morning. The room was drafty when the curtains were open and the weather was chilly over NYE's, but we just adjusted the thermostat up two degrees when the curtains were open. The wood floors in the parlor and bedrooms were kinda odd, but I became accustomed to them after a few days. We had a generous supply of aromatic toiletries in our narrow bathroom in which one had to be careful and make sure the door to the water closet was closed before opening the bathroom door while entering in or exiting into the bedroom. Our traveling companion actually smashed his fingers into between the two doors in his suite. Ouch!
The service was impeccable. We must have had just the best cleaning staff. The fore mentioned wood floors never had a speck of dust on them and the women were as kind as could be. The spa staff was very accommodating and I would like to thank Nicolette and Fini for their superior massage and facial services. Also, the entire bell and doorman staff is to be commended for always being very helpful. Their smiles and pleasant words were appreciated.
On NYEs, we left our dinner and arrived back at the Mandarin to help down the party in the lobby lounge. So glad we stopped in for one final glass of champagne as dancing to the fun band and with the late night/early morning revelers was a great way to welcome in 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 244 elegant guestrooms and suites - all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; MObar created by noted interior designer, Tony Chi; the Lobby Lounge with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, New York Hotel New York City
- Mandarin Oriental New York City
- Mandarin New York City
- New York City Mandarin Oriental