I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental New York for five nights. Yes, it's a pretty hotel with a nice location. The spa is good but terribly expensive. I was disappointed with the service. Every morning room service got my breakfast order wrong. And it was a new mistake every morning. Quite annoying having to wait for them to get the order right - every day! At least they got my dinners right. Several times when I called housekeeping to ask for something to be delivered or done in the room, they forget or made a mistake and brought the wrong things. On several occasions the concierge forgot to call me back or to find out things for me. They also provided me with addresses to several shops, but did not provide a map, or the side street, or the opening hours. And I had to help them find out several things which should have been easy. All in all, the hotel does not provide the type of service one would and should expect from a five-star and very expensive hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 244 elegant guestrooms and suites - all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; MObar created by noted interior designer, Tony Chi; the Lobby Lounge with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, New York Hotel New York City
- Mandarin Oriental New York City
- Mandarin New York City
- New York City Mandarin Oriental