This is first review that I have written for any of the hotels in the city. As I wonder why I haven't, the only answer I can come up with is that none of the other "houses" excited me enough to spend the time writing about it. These include the Marquis, Waldorf, Michelangelo and the Trump. All of them "ok" but there was always something not quite right.
The Mandarin is epitome of luxury. The staff, the rooms, you name it; I have nothing but positive comments.
We booked the premier park view suite and were very happy with its size and view (there was some obstruction from the Trump next door, but hey, its New York City). We also, booked the Spa VIP Suite on a rainy Sunday afternoon. Oh my God! If you have a couple of grand in your pocket and would like to spoil your partner, this is the way!
Every night when we left the hotel for dinner the hotel car was available (although I realize this was just luck with the timing). We will stay here on the next trip and probably will try some of the other Mandarin properties.
Ok, one negative! The bar was closed when we came back to the hotel at 12:15 after dinner. However, that was a nightcap that I really did not need anyway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 244 elegant guestrooms and suites - all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; the Lobby Lounge with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, New York Hotel New York City
- Mandarin Oriental New York City
- Mandarin New York City
- New York City Mandarin Oriental