“Great location. Great view. Friendly staff. ”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #328 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was in a great location, just a few blocks away from the original shake shack, and there was a subway stop 2 blocks away in either direction. Very convenient. The hotel was nice as well. There was a minor issue at check in, as we booked a city view and did not receive one. After a brief phone call to the front desk the issue was fixed and we were in our new room within 5 minuets. The room was spacious for NYC, and our window looked directly out to the Empire State Building! It was a lovely view. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Overall, it was a great stay. I would definitely go back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hi aaamanda4 and thank you for your review. I'm sorry there was an initial confusion about your room type but, I am grateful to hear we rectified it immediately. I'll make sure to share your comments with our staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week over Christmas. On arrival after travelling from the UK at 5pm we were met with the words sorry your room is not ready. Great start !! NOT. But we can offer you a complimentary drink each and one meal between you. The entrance to the hotel was not very inviting, Small and very untidy. The rooms themselves are very modern and clean . The complimentary coffee machine over the week either was empty or no cups on more than one occasion. We used the sports bar for breakfast as the Football was on. " can we have the volume on please" reasonable request I thought. NO sorry it may upset other bar users. So we could watch football and listen to a cartoon show. Very sports bar. The location of hotel is Great for all Manhattan attractions and a 5 min walk to Penn Station.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you Gavin M for your review. I would like to apologize for your room not being ready upon arrival. Our guaranteed check in time is 3pm and due to unforeseen issues it can cause delays. Either way, we hope you give us another chance to make it right. If you come back in the near future please contact me directly so that I can make through on that promise.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at the Four Points Chelsea on business a couple weeks ago. The location of this hotel is excellent, on the corner of 25 St. and 7th Ave. As such, you can walk 15 minutes up 7th to Times Square, or 15 mins down 7th towards Ground Zero. All kinds of fast food and restaurants around, though didnt have chance to try many.

The hotel itself is clean and standard Sherton quality, which is to say good service, quality accommodations with all the usual amenities (safe, workspace). The rooms are a bit more cramped that other Sheratons I've visited, but in NYC you wanna be out enjoying the town and not stuck in your room.

I didnt try the hotel restaurant, but prices were decent and when in Manhattan you could expect to pay a lot more for both a room and food from most hotel chains, so overall I was pleased with my stay at the Four Points and would gladly return here next time I hit NYC on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Hi Shaaley and thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear you loved our location. It really gives you a true New York feel. It's great to hear that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here with a college pal over the weekend. We were impressed by the spacious room and attentive staff. If you like your Starwood points, you should definitely consider this location. Its not too noisy and the rooms are clean and recently updated. The price was right, too!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you Wendydomin for your review. We love that you like our newly remodeled rooms! Thank you for recommending us. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Four Points Chelsea twice this year--once during the summer and then again at the end of January. It is a go-to choice for us when traveling into New York, as it is convenient to the subway, clean, newly updated and very reasonably priced for a New York City hotel. The hotel staff is very friendly and they give out cupcakes in the afternoon--a lovely treat :) I also really like that there is a Whole Foods right around the corner--great for snacks or a quick meal!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you mrsd725 for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here on a quick 1-nt trip. This hotel is in a regular ny neighborhood, meaning reg food options vs room service only, and other services and subway are nearby. The hotel is clean and maintained. A simple but somewhat unappealing restaurant in the lobby. Free internet and printing in the lobby. I lost something in the hotel lobby that was not found or returned by/to staff. All staff encountered were pleasant. Particularly annoying is the elevator situation. Apparently there are no service elevators so all staff, housekeepers etc. use the main elevators. Long waits and long rides. I paid a very very low rate (from spg.com) which made for a really great value.

Room Tip: Obviously better city views on the higher floors but you may also want to stay on a lower level to a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you mgeolina for your review. I apologize for the wait for elevators. Unfortunately, a service elevator was not built with this hotel and we truly try our best to use them when it does not conflict with busy times. On the plus side, I'm glad your enjoyed our location and our staff. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed a night at the four points in chelsea. Pleasant stay overall, check-in was attentive and quick and room was well appointed. Bed was comfortable, the view was nothing spectacular but it was okay. The hallways are tight so I was a little worried about the room size, which was pretty good compared to other hotels in NY i've stayed at. The cupcake welcome treat at check-in was a nice touch. Pleasant surprise.

I found that the heating/cooling system in the room was a bit noisy. If you are a light sleeper, the irregular noises of the fan could be an issue.

When I checked out, there was loud construction going on outside but I did not hear any noise from my room, which meant the soundproofing inside the property is quite good for being in such a busy part of town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you lcastanon for your review. It's great to hear that the construction noise outside did not affect you and you were able to get a good nights sleep. Our Billy's cupcake is a great hit and I'm glad you enjoyed them. Please come see us again soon.