“Great hotel!!!”

Ranked #298 of 467 Hotels in New York City
atl
“Great hotel!!!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel and was beyond satisfied. I booked the room through the hotels website (well in advance) and got a pre paid, no cancellations, no refunds rate of $159/night. I booked a 2 queen beds room b/c that was the cheapest one available. Did not want to pay extra for a king room or a room with a view. I noted in the comments section that I would prefer a room with a bathtub (about 1/2 the rooms have a walk-in shower only) and one with a decent view, even though I wasn't paying extra for it. Upon checking in I was asked if I wanted a 2 queen beds room or if I preferred a king. Being a solo traveler, I opted for the king, so I guess I got a mini upgrade! When I inquired about the view, the front desk agent (Dione, I believe) said he had placed me on the 8th floor with a "pretty good" view. Upon entering my room, I could not have been more pleased. The room was spacious (by NYC standards anyway) with a modern decor, large flat screen tv, big comfy bed and a decent view of several other buildings behind it in the Chelsea area. The bathroom was SPOTLESS and had the bathtub that I had requested. There is a restaurant/ brewpub on the lobby level, that has a fairly large outdoor patio seating area that I didn't think too much of when I booked the reservation, but ended up being one of my favorite things about the hotel! I went down almost every night in the early evening and had a beer or two outside and did some great people watching before going out to meet friends. The outdoor bar always had a lively crowd with Kareoke and super friendly bartenders/servers. The restaurant offers room service until midnight, which I took advantage of more than once, and the food was pretty good, especially the burger. I also had breakfast in the actual restaurant the morning of my departure, and it was super convenient before heading out to Laguardia. There are also lots of "extras" with this hotel that make it a good value, like free (super fast) wifi, 2 bottles of water in your room everyday with housekeeping service, fresh popcorn and beverages in the lobby that you can grab on your way out, etc. Oh, and a small safe in your room big enough to hold a laptop too. There are TONS of great eateries within a stones throw, both casual and upscale. The only improvement I could suggest to mgmt would be a mini fridge in the room and maybe a small microwave, as there is a Whole Foods literally around the corner. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would def stay here again, especially if I could get a rate like I got on this trip. If you're a first time traveler to NYC, you might wanna stay a little closer to midtown, however Chelsea is also a fantastic area and your a 15 minute walk to midtown/theater district, etc. Can't go wrong with this hotel!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you nyclover18 for your great review. It's so great to hear your stay went so well and that we were able to accommodate your preferences for your stay. We will continue to work hard to keep your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Dublin, California
Reviewed 14 August 2014

A pretty decent four points located in the middle of Manhattan. The rooms are clean and have all you need for a quick business trip - free internet, comfortable desk, free bottled water. One annoying thing is that the heater blows hot air into your face when you are sleeping so it gets very dry.

The location is alright. Not too far walking distance from touristy stuff in Times Square. However the block where the hotel is is pretty quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you paxxy for your review. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Staf tried to be accomodating, but was inexperienced and amateurish. We are Platinum members and usually stay at Westins, but this was the only SPG hotel in this area. They plopped us in a handicapped-accessible room without telling us. (we had to switch 2x) They gave us breakfast coupons with all the wrong date - TWO times! The restaurant is quaint, but service was horrible, food undercooked on the first morning, but omelettes were great on day 2. A little noisy with a bar right below our window and ridiculous WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER UNITS!! WHAT?!!?! The front desk claimed that all the rooms were newly renovated. Just be sure NOT to sleep too close to the A/C as you WILL get a stiff neck! But, I must say, all-in-all it was an overall nice experience. The location (although a bit seedy, especially when walking at night) is optimal to either midtown or West Village or downtown. Only 10ish blocks from Chelsea Market and great shopping and sites surrounding (LOVED the giant TJMaxx & Marshalls nearby as well as Whole Foods and CVS right next door). Walked to Comedy Cellar and historic pubs and Washington Park. A welcome change from the touristy midtown traps and people. Will probably stay again, but hope they get central a/c!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you Louisa E for your review. I'm sorry you had to move rooms a couple of times and I definitely would like to apologize for the A/C units not being up to your standards. We do not have central air and rely on individual units throughout the property. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our location. We will continue to work hard for your loyalty. We hope to see you again soon.
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed 6 August 2014

First time staying at this hotel and won’t be my last. Located in Chelsea near a lot of sights one needs to see once you’ve done all the touristy Time Square stuff. The friendly hotel staff greeted me with cold water, cupcakes and popcorn. My room was on the twenty first floor, in the back and was quiet. Ample room for 2 people and queen beds. Free coffee bar in the hotel lobby in the morning with newspapers and computers. Hotel has a brew pub inside and outside. Outside was wonderful to hang out after going out to dinner or coming in from a long day sightseeing. Property is in a healthy walking distance to the High Line, Eataly and Chelsea Market. Taxis were easy to catch in front of the hotel or one block up. Rooms smelt and appeared very clean. Felt like you were staying in a neighborhood.

Room Tip: Stay up high so you don't hear the street traffic.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patty G
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you Patty G for such a great review. It;s great to hear you felt like a local! We tried to bring a home away from home experience and it sounds like it was a success. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed in many hotels in NYC - from upper to lower Manhattan. I am a bit snob when it comes to my NY hotel stay and I was scared at what to expect of this hotel. However, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with their rooms. The location was great. You have your pick of where to go. Stay in Chelsea, plenty to do - walk down to village or walk uptown to midtown or central park. Can't get better than that. The rooms, although small (not surprising) they were extremely well maintained, comfortable beds and courteous service. Their exterior does not do them credit. I would have cringed if I had just walked by it. But it is a nice stay, they have a bar inside and out. Good food. And for those who drive, they provide a local parking discount. I would stay here again. But..always a but - there prices are too high. At their rate, I can stay in a more mainline hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure that it is near all the 'FUN' stuff. This place is definitely that.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you very much for your review Marta D. It's great to hear we were able to not only meet but exceed your expectations. I will make sure to share your feedback with the staff. They will greatly appreciate it. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel has good views, at least if you get the highest floors faccing the uptown, if not book another hotel. The room is ok, new furniture and a comfy bed but the floor has a carpet and the door against the hallway has a 2 cm opening under the door. If you lay down you could see what happens in the area outside the room. There may also be BEDBUGS there as many other hotels on Manhattan. Thats a NO NO for me, and im never comeing back here. Its loud, you can hear other people in other rooms when they are talking. On the plusside they have a bar, beer house near the reception. No breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you STOELSVIK for your review. This is the first time we are hearing of this complaint. If you could please contact us at 212-627-1888, so that we can further discuss. Thank you.
Picton, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Although they had overbooked their double rooms, for which we had prepaid, they took care of us well by providing us two rooms, which worked out perfect! Rooms were very clean and our floor only had 8 rooms making it quiet. Our views north and south (including Empire State building) from the two rooms, respectively (19th floor) were a bonus. Unfortunately, the hotel only has one icemaker (on basement floor), no pool (although found few with pool when searching hotel booking sites), and no Starwood Preferred Guest Lounge. Overall, we (family of five) very much enjoyed our stay for three nights, found several subway stations within easy walking distance and some good grocery shops in the area for breakfast/lunch stuff. The staff members were helpful, pleasant, and accommodating, including providing us with late check-out for one room. We would definitely stay here again if I could again find a fare rate (when compared with other similar level hotels in Midtown/Chelsea).

Room Tip: If on high enough floor (eg. 19th) you can have great views of Empire State Building (if on N side...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you jimmy1234567 four your review. I'm happy to hear we were able to take a situation and make it even better for your family. We cant wait to have you stay with us again.