“Extremely quiet hotel in central NYC and room exactly like website pictures !!!”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #324 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 3 May 2006

We stayed five nights from the 12th April at the Four Points Sheraton Chelsea and were extremely happy with our stay. I know the city very well after many visits but my other half had not been before so it was great to have such a good base to explore from.

We arrived at Midday on the 12th to drop our bags off expecting that we may have to return later but they allowed us to check into the room straight away, much to the delight of the person checking us in. Honestly she seemed happier about the early check in than we did !!. We had requested in advance a higher floor away from Ice Machines (thanks to the good people writing here) and got a lovely big room (for New York) on the 14th floor. The decor is exactly as shown on the (--) website which we booked through at a rate of $205 a night plus tax which was great value for this modern room. We had a large television, very comfortable bed, very nice bathroom and everything seemed new, there was certainly enough space so we didn't feel cramped at all.

I was very happy that there was a free digital in room safe that I have often been charged for elsewhere. The room was so QUIET right in the middle of Manhattan. We could not hear any noise at all from the street or from other rooms which I was particularly pleased about.

Let me stress again, ask for a higher room so you have a view, away form the very noisy ice machines that are on alternating floors, book through starwood(--) to get the cheapest price and you are in for a very nice stay here indeed.

8  Thank lee_bear

Reviewed 29 April 2006

I recently stayed at the 4 Points Sheraton in Chelsea - very convenient location - I am an artist and wanted to be close to the Chelsea galleries. The rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. Not terribly noisy except when the garbage is collected. Close to public transport and a quick cab ride if you want to go to the theatre. If you are looking for a hotel with lots of extras, this is probably not it, however if you are looking for something clean, affordable and fairly central then this is very good value. Less crowded than Times Square - you feel as if you are getting a real taste of New York. Across the road on the corner of 7th avenue and West 24th is a real good organic grocery store - they have a take away salad bar that is really good if you are looking for fresh vegetables and are tired of greasy take aways, they also have lots of fresh fruit and a deli. Quick walk to the +-250 art galleries in the district.

6  Thank Janice G
Reviewed 12 April 2006

I decided to stay here for a weekend getaway with my husband after reading reviews on this site. The room is small but that is the case with my hotels in Manhattan. Chelsea is a cute little neighborhood and there are normal, drop-in type restaurants, diners and small neighborhood places to have a casual meal. We never had trouble catching a cab from here. The staff was nice and the room was very clean. The decorations were also very tasteful and modern looking. We were on the 17th floor and we never heard any of our neighbors or any street noise. I would definitely stay here again on our next trip. Also, we paid $219/night for a king thru the Sheraton website.

8  Thank VAGurl
Reviewed 4 April 2006

Got a great deal staying here for 6 nights in October 2005. It's a great little hotel. Our twin room was a little cozy, but comfortable, very clean and in good condition. The beds are great! A few too many pillows though (6 is just overkill). The bathroom was quite large (compared to the actual room). Even though the windows are double glazed, the rooms at the front can still be a little noisy - but hey, that's New York! Earplugs worked a treat.

The staff at reception were very friendly and always willing to help. I would, however, advise staying away from room service (very slow, overpriced and badly made). The breakfasts are pretty much the same. Don't know what their dinners are like - the breakfast and room service put me off!

I would definitely stay here again, especially if I got the same deal for 6 nights.

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank garneresque
Reviewed 29 March 2006

I stayed here since it was close to a business meeting and wanted to be within walking disctance. The lobby is small but well designed and offers a small lounge and restaurant. I had a room on the 12th floor that stated "designated for Starwood Preferred members". Aside from the sign, there didn't appear to be any advantages or services offered that differed from any other floor.

The room itself, although well appointed, was very small...even by NYC standards. The "double" beds are more like twins. There is only limited room service (appetizers, salads, drinks) along with breakfast. There was a fair amount of noise from the street all night, and the adjacent room doors slam very loudly. I don't recommend getting a room on the street side if you're a light sleeper...unless you're on a very high floor.

All in all, this place is not a bad choice if you need to be in Chelsea, but for the money, you can find several other relatively close options that offer bigger rooms and more services.

Stayed: March 2006
8  Thank brevets
A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 March 2006

I've been coming to NY on business for several years and this was one of the best experience I've had.

The front staff were more than helpful, the rooms near brand new and kind of chic and very clean and the beds very very comfortable. It was even really quiet which is remarkable in NY. Yes, the room weren't huge but what do you expect in NY and why do you want to be in your room when you have this amazing city to explore.

There were endless bars, restaurants, clubs, a cinema, shops, subway and a Whole Foods supermarket within a few blocks and far enough from Time Square to be comfortable.

It was also a lot cheaper than some of the Midtown hotels I've stayed in.

All in all great value.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 March 2006

Very nice--just remember to request a room away from elevator and ice machine--and higher floors offer better views. Windows opened, which was nice.

• Stayed: March 2006