1,143 results
All reviews whole foods new york penn station would stay here again front desk staff rooms are small around the corner times square hotel restaurant beds were comfortable greenwich village the empire state building few blocks street noise bottled water by nyc standards higher floor
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Room was acceptable, extractor fan didn’t work but other than that the small “king sized” room was adequate. The lobby was very sad and in truth left me thinking I had made a poor choice. Rest of Hotel was fine. But it’s not a place I’d rush back to. It’s not a place I’d refuse to come back to either. So it’s the true definition of ok!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CTPreview
Lee B, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thank you for your recent stay with us and are sorry you did not find the lobby to your liking during your visit. We do appreciate the fact you did provide feedback on your experience and would love to be your hosts once again when your travels bring you back to our area once again.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Decent sized room for NYC. This was an ADA compliant room so maybe slightly roomier than others. I'm lighting sensitive and the front desk and room lighting is that bright white led lighting, bleh. Better than fluorescent, but not by much. So easy to get the right warm tint led bulbs these days so why?? Front desk attentive and helpful ... Would of liked a fridge or mini bar in room. For NYC, and especially if you can use Starwood points, it's a good hotel. I'd stay again. 8-)

Room tip: ADA rooms slightly bigger
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us and for providing feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate the fact you chose our hotel for you stay and would love to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to our area once again.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

The lobby is dark with grubby carpet and overall, uninviting. I won't stay there again. The floor plan is cramped with the rooms arranged around the elevator. Rooms are small and super noisy but the maid service was good and rooms, clean.

I checked in Thursday and left Monday morning. There was a large sign at the front desk describing penalties for checking out early. I had reserved a room with 2 beds but when I checked in they didn't have one. I was promised to move in the morning so didn't unpack and reconfirmed with a different clerk at the front desk. I left for the day and came back to the same room and no one knew anything about moving to a different room. At that point I gave up only to be called back Saturday evening to say that a room was now available. by that time it was too much of pain for my daughter and I to repack and move.

I switched hotels to stay with my younger nieces who were traveling on a budget. I won't make that mistake again.

Room tip: Good luck. Try a high floor.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

We are very sorry your experience while you were staying with us during your recent visit to our area. We will share your experience with all of our associates in hopes that we can learn from it and improve moving forward.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed for 4 nights with the family in 2 rooms, rooms were nicely furnished & clean, service was good. Bar food downstairs was good & had a few beers in the bar, only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't put drinks to the room without an 8% surcharge - what's that about. I did like free coffee & Tea in the bar in the mornings, again I'm not sure what benefit if any I gained from being an SPG gold member, I'd suggest none, but thats SPG for you. Ideally place for 25th St subway. I've seen some mediocre reviews of this hotel on-line & was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for providing feedback regarding your experience, we would love to be your hosts once again the next time your travels bring you back to our area once again.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I stay in this hotel every time I am in NYC. The location is great. Rooms are clean and service is good. The staff is polite and genuinely want your stay to be comfortable & good. They are well cared for, clean and modern. I recommend staying here. Quite and safe.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your continued loyalty and staying with us we truly appreciate it and are thrilled you have a great experience. We would love to see you return once again when you're back in the NYC area once again.