“Nice to have a kitchen in the city”
Review of Wyndham Midtown 45

Wyndham Midtown 45
Ranked #279 of 470 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed at the Wyndham as a timeshare owner, this time a studio apartment. Layout of room was spacious and bright. When we arrived on the train from CT we went right to the property to drop our luggage as it was around 1pm. Short easy walk from Grand Central. To our surprise we were able to check in, that was nice. When arrived to the room discovered the room cleaned but not completely set up. Called to housekeeping for bath towels as we had one for a three night stay. Had to call two more times before three towels were brought up, told the man we needed the kitchen set up as the dishwasher had dishes in it and we had no paper towels or coffee set ups for am, assured the problem would be addressed. We had left for the evening but nothing was new when we returned. Spoke with front desk also but gave up and didn't let it bother us. Had a great time in NYC. Many restaurants and food stores within one block, small restaurant downstairs with bar but we never tried it, was usually empty. The room was comfortable with new bedding and blackout drapes, quiet, able to sleep well.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great view of the Chrysler building.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Cindy,

I am genuinely sorry you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with unit preparedness . I know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our properties and you did not receive this. Please rest assured I will have our housekeeping staff address these concerns moving forward to avoid any future occurrences of this nature. Thank you for making us aware. Please reach out to me directly when you are planning your next NYC trip so we can make this right.

Michael McDonnell
mmcdonnell@wyndham.com

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 August 2014

While I didn't stay at the hotel and can't comment on the rooms, I had an encounter with their staff... While I trying to hail a cab outside of the hotel (on 45th between 2nd & 3rd), their door guy and another staff member in a suit (both big guys around 6 ft. tall), were chatting away while hotel guests were waiting for a cab. They were having their discussion away from the curb and I managed to flag a cab down, they decided to make it their cab and stole it from me. While the cabbie animatedly and visibly explains that he was stopping for me and not them, they loudly start insisting that’s not true and start yelling and cursing the cabbie out. They usher the guests into the cabbie, try to avoid making eye contact with me, and then turn away. The staff member in the suit tries to tell me that they called for a yellow cab (which as a native New Yorker - I’ve never heard of such a thing during rush hour), and then tells me that the 2 of them will help me get another cab. But instead they go inside and never come back out. They were beyond rude, loud, unprofessional, big bullies with no manners or common courtesy that tried to intimidate me and the cabbie. Everyone that lives in NY and most that visit, know common cab courtesy – except for the staff here. Stay and deal with them at your own risk. I personally will never stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Emily210

Dear Emily,

I am extremely disappointed to hear of the encounter you experienced with our Door staff , as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in at Wyndham. It is imperative that our guests & our neighbors are treated with the utmost respect. Please rest assured that we will be taking action to ensure that this is not an issue for future guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to reach out. If you have any other specifics as far as the date this may have occurred please contact me at mmcdonnell@wyndham.com so that I can more accurately handle the situation. Once again, I sincerely apologize & ask for the opportunity to make this right.

Michael McDonnell

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The Wyndam Midtown 45 is in a great location, however the room we had was whilst clean and comfortable in great need of a revamp. The staff were excellent chatty and helpful., and if your on a budget it probably worth considering.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Michael M, Public Relations Manager at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. Our staff will be pleased to hear your kind words. In addition, I will have our maintenance team look into these issues regarding revamping to eliminate any future occurrences. We strive to provide top of the line accommodations for all our guests and your feedback will help us to do so.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Dark, small and shabby rooms. No information in the room at all, even info about the hotel was non-existent. My room had a non working fridge and when I asked for it to be replaced was told that all fridges were being removed. 2 small bottles of water left on the first day then none after that. For the price I paid of $279 per night, this was a rip off. My room was at the back where there seemed to be a family shouting at each other several nights. The only good point for me was that it was located centrally and very close to the office I was working in.

Room Tip: My room was on the 5th floor, my colleague was on the 8th and had the same issues. On checking out I...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

I am so sorry to hear about the inconveniences you have experienced during your last stay with us. I know it is important to feel completely relaxed when traveling. Please feel free to reach out to me personally if you are planning another trip to Midtown in the future so that I can guarantee your stay is as comfortable as possible. Thank you for your time in leaving us feedback so that we can make appropriate changes in bettering our guests' experience.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014