“fantastic time...”

Ranked #211 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“fantastic time...”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is my third time visiting New York in the past 5 months for business and this was probably the best time yet. SOHO is my favorite part of being in New York and I wanted to find a hotel that's close to there. So I tried Gansevoort Hotel and I loved it. The staff is amazing. One of the workers, I think manager (Ben) saved my life when he told me about all the parties that were happening on one of my nights I had to the chance to go out and have some nightlife fun. Maybe that was why this was the best trip yet because I actually got to go out and party. However, the room was clean and I have no complaints. The location is great (less than 10 minutes from SOHO) I recommend this hotel and will being staying here again.

Room Tip: have a drink at the roof top bar.. view is amazing.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Hotel_Gansevoort, Community Manager at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear Alex,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit and we hope to make it even better than the first time. Ben will be thrilled to know he was able to put a little fun into your business trip. Thank you for your amazing review.

See you again soon,
@HotelGansevoort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Finnish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This was my first experience of a Gansevoort and I probably won't return. This hotel was just too busy, too loud and a bit too neon.

A key concern was as a woman travelling alone there was no key card security to access the floors. Instead those travelling to the rooftop bar were able to get off on any level they choose.

On the upside its a trendy location.

Some favourite nearby stops: Pastis for breakfast and take out dinner, Serrafinas for the best pasta bolognese and also the Chelsea markets on a weekend for browsing.

Dear sydneywinelass,

Thank you for sharing your experience. The Meatpacking District is a busy area because of its surrounding restaurants, museums and nightclubs. If you’re looking for a quieter location, we think our Park Ave location may be a better fit for you. We also have separate elevators for guests and non-guests at Park Ave. If you’re visiting NYC again, we hope you reconsider staying with us and we will provide all the necessary accommodations to surpass your needs. For any questions, you can contact digital@gansevoorthotelgroup.com.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Really enjoyed the Gansevoort for a couple of nights during Presidents Day weekend in February. Excellent location is a very lively setting. Just know that weekend night get very loud and quickly remind you that you are in the middle of the aciton. The top floor club literally rocks until very early hours in the morning and after parties when next door are very annoying. The front desk took care of us with the significant upgrade the second night to compensate for a pretty loud experience the first night. Gym is the basement is better than what you typically see in hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel_Gansevoort, Community Manager at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Perry,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We’re thrilled to hear that you had an amazing time. Since you’ve been to our NYC and Turks and Caicos locations, you might be interested to know that we’re opening a Gansevoort in Las Vegas. We hope to see you again soon – perhaps closer to the West Coast next time.

@GansevoortTC
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I came here for only one night but the hotel was ovebooked and as my plane was delayed I ended up in a "smoking room". Worst possible experience of NY. I still paid full price for the room whilst I had booked a non smoking room.

Room Tip: non smoking rooms are probably better
3 Thank Justine D
Hotel_Gansevoort, Community Manager at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Justine,

We sincerely apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations. Should you choose to visit again, we would love the opportunity to surpass your needs. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact digital@gansevoorthotelgroup.com. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope to hear from you.

Flushing, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2013

A big thanks to the friendly staff at this hotel for accommodating me and a few friends that stayed here for a night in town. We were celebrating a friend's birthday and had an amazing time inside and out of this hotel. Gansevoort Hotel is a prime location for seeing the New York City skyline, dining out, nightlife, shopping and visiting the High Line Park. Everything is conveniently close. We couldn't ask for more! Room service and the front desk were very helpful. The rooms were very spacious and chic, unlike other New York City hotels I've been to. I recommend this place for younger crowds who do not mind noise and nightlife around the neighborhood. I will definitely stay here again. Thanks Gansevoort!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Gansevoort, Community Manager at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Lina_Yang,

We’re delighted that you had a great trip with your friends. It was our pleasure to help make your friend’s birthday a great experience. We hope to see you again soon, perhaps for your birthday.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Had a blast staying at Gansevoort - not only was the location ideal for shopping, restaurants, and night spots, the staff was so gracious and helpful! Would easily stay here again and recommend it to everyone. The rooms were "big" in NYC size and the decor throughout was such a fun, trendy touch. The rooftop bar was amaze. Can't wait to visit again! Benjamin Chan helped us upon checking in and checking out and was a pleasure to deal with!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Hotel_Gansevoort, Community Manager at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Natalee11,

Thank you for your amazing review. We will let Benjamin know that he helped make your stay positively memorable. We hope to see you again soon.

@GansevoortHotel
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 March 2013

A big big thank you for a wonderful stay at your Hotel, from the moment I stepped though your doors to the time I left you have made my very first visit it New York City one to remember. I would recommend your Hotel in a heart beat and I would like to personally say thank you to Arielle for all that she did !!

Room Tip: Thought the rooms were cozy
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Maggnh,

We would like to extend a thank you for being such a great guest. We truly enjoyed your visit and it would be our pleasure to see you again. We will be sure to let Arielle know about your positive experience.

@GansevoortHotel