2,008 results
All reviews rooftop pool chelsea market manhattan suite the meat packing district new york the high line whitney museum hudson river cool hotel great shopping bottle of champagne amazing hotel street noise central park highline hip nyc
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The location is great in the heart of the meat packing district. Close to both Chelsea and Tribeca. That is where the positives end. The room service and restaurant are terrible. They also have a club in the bottom floor that blasts music until 4am, even on weekdays to ensure a terrible night sleep. The lobby turns into a trashy club vibe post dinner that isn't really what I want to come back to. This was my second try for this hotel and my last.

Room Tip: Stay as high as possible in hope to avoid the music all night, and hope there is no party at the roof top pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Gansevoort_HG, Manager at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Trey D,

Thank you for the review. We sincerely regret that your experience did not meet your expectations and we apologize your stay was disrupted. Although the Meatpacking District is a wonderful area it does become quite lively in the evenings. We understand the importance of a good night's sleep and if you choose to stay with us again, our reservations team will happily place you in a room that meets all of your needs. As the saying goes, “The third time’s the charm." We'd love to have another opportunity to provide an outstanding trip from check-in to check-out. Please feel free to email Digital@TheGHG.com for further questions or concerns.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I loved staying here! The location is amazing with plenty to do and see within walking distance of the hotel and close to subway stations to get anywhere else you might want to go. After checking in, I wanted to find a sports bar so I could watch Olympic hockey and grab a few drinks. I asked the front desk staff for a good place to go and instead of recommending their on-site bar, they suggested my friend and I would have more fun at a place across the street. We had a great time (and great food) and made a point of visiting the Gansevoort bar that night, which was also a really great time. The room was very clean and spacious and had great views of the city. I definitely recommend the Gansevoort to anyone and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SweetKeats

Dear SweetKeats,

Thank you for the brilliant review. We're pleased your experience surpassed your expectations and we're thrilled you plan to stay with us again. We agree, the Meatpacking District is conveniently located near the subway and is filled with various attractions, lively bars and more. We tailor all suggestions to each guest’s preferences, and we're glad you loved our bar recommendation. We appreciate your compliments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I usually take day trips to New York City, and so I have only occasionally stayed in a hotel. I got a good price on this hotel, which was a real bonus. It was an excellent location for my purposes, but an extra plus for me was that I really enjoyed the neighbourhood. I walked from Penn Station, popping into galleries along the way. It is well located for bus and subway, too. I walked along l4th Street for groceries, too. Breakfast was fantastic. The only weird thing is the dim lighting in the lift, but once you get used to it, it's okay. I think it's supposed to be romantic, which also goes for the choice of pictures on the walls in the room! I asked for a quiet room, and I had no problems at all with noise.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear RosaBonheur,

Thank you for the amazing review. We're thrilled you chose to stay with us and we're glad you enjoyed our convenient location. Being able to take a quick subway ride to your destination is one of the many perks our area has to offer. We aim to accommodate all requests and we're pleased your quiet room suited your preferences. In regards to our lighting, our dim elevator is meant to match the rest of our décor, but we do appreciate your feedback and we'll pass it along to the rest of our team. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Thank you for making our stay at your hotel special and memorable. We really can not thank all the staff enough for their help and kindness . We could not have found a better hotel. What an amazing experience . From the moment we valeted our car to the moment we left first it was class all the way. Front desk crew was amazing especially Valerie. We want to thank the whole team there for making our "stay-cation " one we will always remember and treasure. Housekeeping was wonderful , what ever we needed was promptly delivered to us with a smile . We will definitely be staying at Gansevort Meatpacking again very soon. I am recommending your hotel to all I meet and hope that I am able to return some day. Thank you from Mio & Olivera

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Meechkoo .

Dear Meechkoo,

Thank you for the rave review. We loved having you and we're thrilled your stay-cation was absolutely flawless from check-in to check-out. We appreciate your feedback and we'll be sure to inform Valerie and the rest of our devoted team of your compliments. It is the little details that can make a significant impact and we're glad our team's friendliness as well as attentiveness helped make your experience memorable. We are looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We wanted to try something different but should have read the other reviewers before we booked it. The location is perfect. The suites are good sized. The decor is very trendy. The spa is very elegant and their staff is top notch. However, the hotel service is awful. For this price point we are use to helpful, friendly staff that is on the Ritz level. We stayed four days and the front desk staff acted like they were doing you a favor by answering a simple question. During the day when coming and going the doormen stand off to the side and talk among themselves, never once opening a door or giving any type of greeting. However, returning to the hotel at night we were very rudely told we had to show our room key to even enter the lobby due to the wait line of non guest for the rooftop bar. Once we got to the roof top bar for a drink we were asked to leave our table after 20 mins to make room for non guest. When we explained we were guest and would not leave our small 2 person table in the corner we talked down to with disgust and the staff demanded to show our room key again. When we once again proved we were guest he rolled his eyes and walked away without any apology. The price is on par for St. Regis, Ritz, The Mark, Bayan Tree, The Surrey, Trump, etc but the customer service is not on par for Motel 6

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rebecca G

Dear Rebecca G,

Thank you for the thorough review. We're glad you enjoyed the Meatpacking District and our ample-sized rooms. On another note, we sincerely regret your visit was not completely up to par and we apologize for the misunderstanding on our rooftop. All of our guests deserve outstanding service and we're disappointed that you didn't experience that. We request to see room keys to ensure the safety of our guests, but we understand it can be frustrating and we apologize for the inconvenience. Additionally, we will be sure to inform our rooftop managers of your comments as we know they will appreciate your feedback. We would love another opportunity to surpass your expectations and we hope to have you again soon. Please feel free to contact Digital@TheGHG.com for further questions or concerns.