Sohotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$431
US$397
Great 4.5/5
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$261
Travelocity
US$444
US$412
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$227
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$207
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$219
US$187
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Breakfast included
1,440 results
All reviewsbroome streetnew yorkceiling fanlower east sidefamily roomfree coffee and teasoho areasingle bedrooms are smallcool hotelbars and restaurantsstreet noisebeds were very comfortablearound the cornerfew blocksboutique hotellocation was perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We found it! Thanks to other travelers on Tripadvisor, we finally found the hotel we were looking for for an inexpensive stay in the heart of NYC. Walking distance to Chinatown, Little Italy, Soho and Lower East Side, the hotel is in a great location. It is very clean, safe, with a very nice staff. If you do not mind a very small room (Hardly big enough to sit in front of your laptop), this is really the place to stay. The room was cute, brick wall, dark furniture, and the bed was very comfortable. We had no problem with noise and there is free wifi. Our shower was small, but our friends stayed in another room with a large shower. There are a few cute bars and restaurants and even an excellent bakery close by. I highly recommend it and we will definitely be back to this hotel next time we stay in NYC.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay and we stayed for 10nights (4 last time). The hotel has been renovated since our last visit 3 years ago & it's even better. It's not 5 star, rather a more boutique 3 star hotel (not motel). The rooms are small but we survived 10 nights with no problems. Room 419 was our room & it was quiet with a brand new bathroom. Very clean & comfy beds. Why stay here you ask, it's all about location. Your proximity to the best restaurants, bars, & shops as well as 3 different subway lines & easy to get to brooklyn. This is where you want to stay, not Times Square if you want to be close to everything I mentioned. Travel to all the sights during the day. Completely safe to walk on your own too, hubby had some tv time while I shopped. Places we recommend to eat clues by are: la esquina (book), tacombi, Balthazar, Peking duck house, delicatessen, plan b, dean & delucca (on the go)...loads of bars too & hidden night clubs. Head to broadway for shops & surrounding streets. Kate Spade & Anthropoligie are my favourites. Enjoy!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank l0ve2travel01
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed at the Sohotel just for one night and I chose it because it was next to the office where I had a job interview.
Rooms are really cute and nicely furnished, I loved my comfy bed and double pillow.
Water and candies to welcome guests.
Clean and safe, next to chinatown and cheaper than most hotels in NY

I would recommend it

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 14 January 2014

After reading the glowing reviews I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel. Initially I tried to book the room on a third party site; however, my employer does not allow this type of billing. I called immediately to the hotel and was assured I would get the rate. As his request I called the following day and was assured that I could have the quoted rate. I called back at the request of my travel office, to confirm booking and rate as I am leaving on Friday. I was told by a young woman there was a problem with the booking and I could rebook to get the original rate. I was told to call back to confirm it with her. I called back she was off and the young man told me he would send her an email. I needed to call back today to get an answer. Guess what? No response. When I called back today, the young man was snarky and abrasive. I have yet to speak to a Manager. I am consistently informed there is no supervisory staff available at night. If this is how you're treated before the arrival, what happens during the stay?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here during a crazy winter storm. The location was good as it is close to the subway and of course Chinatown and Little Italy. It was a little difficult to find initially, but once we got our bearings we were fine. It does not look like a traditional hotel from the outside which may confuse people. We had a large room with 2 queens and a single, which was perfect for our group. We were celebrating my goddaughter's 16th birthday and it afforded us the opportunity to bring 4 of her friends without having to rent two rooms. The room was a bit plain and nothing fancy, but it sufficed for our needs. The bathroom on the other hand was awesome. Very modern, clean and spacious.

I wanted to surprise my goddaughter by decorating the room with balloons and cupcakes prior to check in and the hotel promised to call me when the room was ready. I spoke to two people who assured me that this was doable, but unfortunately I never got the call and was a bit disappointed that I couldn't make it happen.

We had another incident where housekeeping walked in the room (after knocking a few times with no response) and scared the girls. Apparently they have a turn down service, which is nice, but when housekeeping walked in their response to us was "we're just checking on you." It was a little creepy and unnerved the girls a bit. We mentioned it to the front desk staff, who were apologetic and after explaining to us why they were coming in we felt much better about the situation.

Overall I felt it was a great value, very clean and friendly staff. They have take out menus available which I thought was brilliant and allowed us to order pizza for our pj party. We had a great time and it served it's purpose. Would I recommend? Yes, but know there are other hotels with just as good a value, but in our effort to try something off the beaten path, we landed at the SoHotel. And it wasn't bad.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends