“Extremely SMALL ROOMS”

New York City, New York
“Extremely SMALL ROOMS”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My One day stay.

-PROS: The interiors are simply gorgeous. I love exposed brick wall rooms. The Bed was super comfy. CONS: NO Breakfast is served.The rooms are EXTREMELY Small. I mean very little space to move about, which would freak out a claustrophobic. I rate $87 dollars for the night I stayed there. $103.48 all together. It is not worth staying here for no more than $90 a night. The rooms are way too small.

2 Thank Jocelyn718817
sohotel, Director of Sales at Sohotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your review of our property.

We are glad that you were pleased with our hotel interiors and that you enjoyed our extremely comfortable bedding! We are continuing to upgrade our product and glad you benefited from our efforts.

Please keep in mind for the next time you are in NYC that we have other various room types that offer more spacious accommodations that may suit your needs better. As the oldest operating hotel in the in NYC we pride ourselves in being able to offer an extremely competitive rate with respect to our competition.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to host you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Liverpool
Reviewed 22 February 2014

A lovely BoHo hotel in an excellent location. Nothing was too much trouble for them and the bell boy was really helpful explaining how to get to various places. Very, very clean and surprisingly quiet but I think that depends on where your room is within the hotel. A fantastic Italian restaurant on the same street called Piacere. Excellent food and a variety of speciality wines. Not to be missed for the warmth and ambiance alone.

sohotel, Director of Sales at Sohotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.W e pride ourselves on offering the cleanest accommodations possible and are glad that our efforts reached your stay. Our neighborhood is absolutely wonderful- our bell staff knows this and its our pleasure to guide you through this sometimes confusing city!

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip!

Sohotel Management
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I recently stayed in the Sohotel with my Fiance for Valentine's Day weekend, and we had a tremendous experience. The staff was very welcoming and helpful, even pointing us to a few great bars - and incredible Italian food - right down the street. The hotel was clean, quiet, and a truly great New York experience. I would go back in a heartbeat, and plan on staying again in the near future.

Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We spend 2 nights in this hotel. Second day when we returned to the hotel around 4 pm the room had not been cleaned. When I peer into the hall I see a cleaning lady. I asked if I could make the room. When they finish cleaning I approached the door to give them a tip.

I was unaware that they pick up the trash at the entrance with wet towels. I slip and hurt my left foot. I quickly put ice. When I went to report the incident to the employee Jak told me he would notify a Manager.

The next day, still in pain came back to report the incident and no manager spoke to me to make sure I was okay.

I wrote a letter to management and nothing.

If you get to stay in this hotel be careful no to slip by the negligence of the staff. No one cares especially management.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The location of this hotel is great and the staff seemed very friends. However, when I checked in, I did not receive a map and the room was SO noisy. It sounded like the people in the rooms next door and on the street were in my room. I bought ear plugs but it made little difference. I feel they need to get double pane glass. I personally wouldn't stay here again based on the noise factor alone.
My only other complaint is that the duvet did not have a cover. In my opinion, a sheet does not provide enough hygienic cover for me not to come in contact with something that hundreds of people before me have used.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elly B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We spent the day in NYC with a return to 'our' Italian restaurant, first visited years ago, for dinner. Not wanting the day to end, we decided to stay overnight. On the corner of Broome St and Bowery we found this little gem; size isn't everything! Admitedly the room was small, but the bed large and comfortable, with a perfectly adequate bathroom. The staff were very helpful, even searched out a charger for our cell. The room was very quiet, (ground floor, at the end of the corridor, on the left), not a 'Room with a View' maybe, but this was Little Italy, not Tuscany after all! For one night, perfect; longer stays may require a larger room, but certainly good value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Catania, Italy
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Came across this hotel by chance for price, location, proximity to train, its a great deal. Basic clean well appointed hotel rooms depicted in picture are accurate. Helpful and nice staff as well. No room service, no bar, nice patio area, tea and coffee in lobby. Free wifi

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple