We've had good experiences with Affinia hotels previously, so I was disappointed that the Dumont didn't quite measure up. The location is great, the hotel is clean, the small kitchen was helpful, the beds were comfortable. But it took several requests and hours to get requested extra pillows and blankets (even though room information advertises the availability to order special pillows), shampoo and conditioner labels flaked off all over your hands in the shower and maids didn't provide refills the second day, and front desk staff couldn't provide information on the nearest Starbucks. Internet access on hotel computers wasn't free like in some hotels. Worst of all for us, there are no restrictions on outside people coming into the hotel and onto hotel floors. Young adults across from us decided to host a major birthday party in their room Sat. night and kept calling more friends from around the city to join them, bragging about having 10 people in a single room at one point. When we called the front desk, it sounded like a party in the lobby as well. They said they'd send security to ask the neighboring room to tone it down, but they never did. So if you're a young person looking for a party hearty hotel, this is the one for you (but not for everyone else)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familiar. Spacious. Central. Just right for personal space that feels like home. Dumont NYC is the roomiest of the Affinia Hotel Collection-your home away from home with extra space for working or accommodating your family. All-suite, residentially styled and complete with kitchens, each room at the Dumont NYC feels more like an apartment. Skyline Suites offer the most stunning cityscapes of all, overlooking the Chrysler Building, the Freedom Tower or the East River.Business travelers admire our big desks and convenient location. Leisure travelers like our family-friendly suites with extra room for the little ones, and cruising around the neighborhood on our Republic Bikes. Join us nightly in our Midtown East hotel for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Dumont Hotel New York City
- Affinia Dumont New York City