This was my third stay at this hotel and I have no doubt I will be returning again. This visit there were 5 of us, all female ranging in age from 23 - 80 and we had a ball.
The Staff are very helpful, rooms are lovely with comfy beds and choice of pillows. We had a one bedrommed apartment on the 36th floor with seperate bedroom with 2 double beds and a double pull out in the living room. The kitchen was great and had everything we needed [except for a kettle but we boiled the water for our tea in the microwave, about 3 minutes a cup]. Bathroom is a good size and had hairdryer and plenty of clean towels.
Being Midtown it is within easy reach of Empire State Building [3 blocks] Macy's [4 blocks] and the subway,[1 block]
We had breakfast every day at Murray Hill Diner, leaving the hotel turn left then left again at the supermarket, walk to end of block and diner on opposite corner. Good choice of food and very friendly, helpful staff.
If you need any shopping, go to Duane Read across the road, cheaper than the deli on the corner. Dunkin' Donuts next door but one for early morning coffee and croissants to take back to your room.
We also walked to Central Station and Times Square from this hotel, a nice steady walk even for the 80 year old.
If you stay at this hotel then you won't regret it in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familiar. Spacious. Central. Just right for personal space that feels like home. Dumont NYC is the roomiest of the Affinia Hotel Collection-your home away from home with extra space for working or accommodating your family. All-suite, residentially styled and complete with kitchens, each room at the Dumont NYC feels more like an apartment. Skyline Suites offer the most stunning cityscapes of all, overlooking the Chrysler Building, the Freedom Tower or the East River.Business travelers admire our big desks and convenient location. Leisure travelers like our family-friendly suites with extra room for the little ones, and cruising around the neighborhood on our Republic Bikes. Join us nightly in our Midtown East hotel for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Dumont Hotel New York City
- Affinia Dumont New York City