A friend from work and I went to NYC for a get away. The booked the Woogo Tempo because it was close to the park and I like the Upper West Side. I paid extra for a bigger room, and when we got there they were sold out of the bigger rooms, even though I paid in advance, we were stuck two guys having to share a double bed. Our view was great of the Ansoma building a huge Gothic amazing upper scale condo stucture next door, which hosted Continetal Baths years ago in the cellar ) ok the Better Midler/ Barry Mandilow thing sorry.) So with our tiny room with a dirty microwave and tiny sink pending to be the "kitchenette" we managed. The computer access box did not work even though we also were charged for it.The bathroom was small, needed an upgrade, and there was no room to even walk around the bed, it was really bad. IT was a neck stain to watch the tv which loomed ontop of a shabby high top dresser a foot from the side of the bed. You litterary had to exit the bed out of the end not the side!Our luggage was stored until check in , thrown in a closet with everyone elses bags, no tags or tickets, just which one is Yours! wow. very nervous. An elevator that was in need of repair, and all of the customers were complaining about everything. We laughed it off, but I really should have booked something else. I was embarrassed I was hosting my friend's first trip to NYC! my gosh. The subway was right outside our door feel the shake, and Central Park we could walk to, but it was a very dark lit street at night, and the staff changed shifts so much, no one knew that we were actually guests. No security to speak of, anyone could have just walked in. It was not that cheap either, I have since found other hotels that are much better. They have gone through a bit of a reno, when we were there there was drilling and scaffolding all up the front of the building and stairs. They could have given us something for inconvienace, but they Really did not seem to care or even speak English. Not even a smile, and it seemed if you had a question at the desk, they were eating something and ignored you. Not impressed. The lobby decor was also hiddeous, even my unwordly friend laughed at it. WE did see a couple shows and rented bycyles in the park, and enjoyed spring. I did not like this Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the upper west side - one of Manhattans most desirable residential neighborhoods. This luxury building has just been totally renovated with top amenities & high standards. Walking distance from Lincoln center & central Park, this building has variety of Facilities to offer. It is home to wonderful shopping and a variety of fabulous restaurants. Within a few blocks from The Museum of Natural History, Lincoln Center, Movie theaters, Central Park and Riverside Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Woogo - Central Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woogo - Central Park Hotel New York City
- Woogo Central Park Tempo Apartments