where do i start? I'll start with the pros first, the list is shorter but honest:
This an apartment suite with basic essentials. Two girlfriends and I shared a bedroom bachelor room with a pull-out sofa. It has a simple kitchen with all the Ikea dishware and utensils. Simple hot stove with microwave and working mini-fridge. I was impressed with how clean the bathroom was. There is decent closet as well for your coats and shoes. Plenty of clean sheets/materials and drawers for yoru clothes. Everything is clean enough and it's perfect when you're on a budget vacation. It is right by one of the subway stations on the upper west side. Location is perfect to get to anywhere you need. I love this location because it is right by central park and this area is clean, convenient and quiet. We personally wanted to stay around from the busiest parts of nyc and we didnt mind a bit of travel. Taxis are always available around this area including plenty of places to eat. Anything you need or want you must ask for yourself or go to the main office directly on the second floor. The front door/foyer is wonderful and it's a nice small place to hang out if needed.
Now, for some reason, our room had a difficult heater/ac. Perhaps the previous tenants messed it up or it has not be looked at in a while. A repair man did come up to our room to try & fix it but he said it would not be an easy fix. Other rooms were filled so we just HAD to deal with it for the rest of our trip. Luckily, we were outside throughout our entire trip and the ac still worked. the only problem was that it was noisy and the earplugs didnt help with the sleep. They usually have enough essentials and they are usually quite polite and respectful. It's only their services that need work. Any little thing you need, whether it's toilet paper or towels, you must go to them directly. anything we asked for we had to ask twice, especially if it was over the phone.
would i come back? Not to this particular place. I would look somewhere else a bit cheaper or with better services. This is not a hotel so i had no big expectations. The location is truly fantastic in my opinion and that completely made my trip comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the upper west side - one of Manhattans most desirable residential neighborhoods. This luxury building has just been totally renovated with top amenities & high standards. Walking distance from Lincoln center & central Park, this building has variety of Facilities to offer. It is home to wonderful shopping and a variety of fabulous restaurants. Within a few blocks from The Museum of Natural History, Lincoln Center, Movie theaters, Central Park and Riverside Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Woogo - Central Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woogo - Central Park Hotel New York City
- Woogo Central Park Tempo Apartments