We did not get a single hour of sleep because of the bugs and the fear of being bitten. I could not take a shower because of the rust and the mold on the walls. This was the WORST hotel experience I have ever had. The front door was very difficult to lock, there were bugs in the room, the windows did not open and one window pane even has a crack in it.
There were four of us staying the night at Chelsea Central Apartments (208 West 23rd Avenue Chelsea NY).When my boyfriend and I got to the room we dropped our bags as well and left to go meet them in the city. When we returned we stayed in the room for about and hour before leaving to go out for the evening. It was not until we returned that night (around 1 or 2am) that we found the mold and rust in the bathroom. We got into the bed and I started getting bug bites all over my body. At this point we called your number to ask for a refund and to check out of the room. Whoever I spoke with told me that there was no manager available so I would have to wait until 10am to speak with one but we were welcome to leave if we wanted to. I called back at 10am and was told that the manager wouldn't be in until the next day at 10am.
The conditions of this room are completely unacceptable for human habitation and should be taken care of immediately. The health department should also be notified. It is DISGUSTING. The website advertises something that is completely different from what is real. The photos on the website are a complete misrepresentation of the conditions of the actual rooms.
Do NOT book with these people. They keep you on hold forever (more than 15 minutes) "to find a manager" only for the same person to come back on the line and be rude and unhelpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the upper west side - one of Manhattans most desirable residential neighborhoods. This luxury building has just been totally renovated with top amenities & high standards. Walking distance from Lincoln center & central Park, this building has variety of Facilities to offer. It is home to wonderful shopping and a variety of fabulous restaurants. Within a few blocks from The Museum of Natural History, Lincoln Center, Movie theaters, Central Park and Riverside Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Woogo - Central Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woogo - Central Park Hotel New York City
- Woogo Central Park Tempo Apartments