“Lovely stay - wish we had more time”
Review of Algonquin Hotel

Algonquin Hotel
Ranked #194 of 1,103 things to do in New York City
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Lovely stay - wish we had more time”
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before setting off on a cruise from NYC. Unfortunately due to a flight delay we were late arriving so didn't get as much time as we'd have liked but what a gorgeous hotel! Incredibly friendly staff. Fairly spacious room by city standards, very comfortable. Opted for breakfast in the hotel to enjoy the surroundings and it was very good. Classic old style hotel, very short walk to Times Square. Hope to return one day

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Lesley T

Wayne, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Hotels never feel like home, but we stayed in the Dorothy Parker Suite and were nearly as comfortable as we are at home. Great service, nicely redone, and I like that they kept a nod to the New Yorker wallpaper in spots throughout the hotel.

Great to have a cocktail in the lobby and people watch.

UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here again for the second time this year when in NYC with work
All staff are very friendly especially the reception team who are incredibly helpful and always smiling!
I stayed in a standard room which was fairly small but very typical for NYC rooms - it was beautifully furnished and very comfortable and clean
Free bottles of water are provided in the room and there is free Starbucks coffee in the lobby from 6am which was great given my jet lag early hours!
I ate in the restaurant where service was excellent and the food very good.
Location of this hotel is great and I walked to 5th avenue, Rockefeller centre aswell as time square and numerous other fabulous stores and restaurants.,
Great stay and I would recommend!

1 Thank Jimvic
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“great stay”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed for one night. Absolutely loved this hotel. Great location. Close enough to walk to Times Square in five to ten minutes. The room was small but very lovely and very clean. The décor was excellent and included key amenities such as a ipod/iphone docking station. The hotel also came with free Wi-Fi. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and made you feel at home. They took special care to remember the guests. I would definitely stay again.

Newtown, Pennsylvania
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night. We arrived early and dropped off our bag with the front desk since we were not yet able to check in. Overall I would say we had a very nice stay, but for the price paid (almost $500) it's not a great value. I would definitely stay there again, but only if I can find a better rate or use Marriott points.

Good: Lobby is amazing if you are into the charm of "old" spaces. Staff at the front desk and restaurant were very friendly. Room and bathroom had been rehabbed and were quite clean. Bed was comfortable. The location is convenient but also benefits from being much quieter than staying right "at" Times Square (did that recently at the Renaissance Times Square - LOUD and crowded). And yes, the elevator was slow... we were on the 4th floor and took the stairs... Exercise! If it's a problem for you, ask for a lower floor room. There is a business center and gym on the second floor. Gold status got us free breakfast.

Bad: We didn't get to see Matilda. Housekeeping forgot to leave bath and hand towels in our room, but we called up the front desk and had them delivered while we ate breakfast.

1 Thank shoobill