This place was a rollercoaster ride. Starting with the good:
1. Next door to the High Line and the subway connections on 14th St.
2. Amazing breakfast area, roof-top swimming pool, and spa, all with attentive staff.
3. Spacious rooms with great bathrooms.
But then the massive disappointments:
1. Our room was late to be ready for check in. Something didn’t seem right as the manager was in the room as we entered, having just sprayed air freshener. After a few hours it turned out that the room was mouldy. We realised this at midnight and had to move everything to another room. To their credit, the staff upgraded us to a bigger room as compensation.
2. The area is a full of trashy praty-goers getting drunk and being loud until the early morning hours, which is fine unless you want to sleep, because the windows let in all noise. In addition to this, there seems to be a 24-hour construction right across the road, so there was sound of crashing metal all night. In short, we didn’t get any sleep – the great bed, the beautiful sheets, nothing helped when you feel like you’re sleeping on Times Square.
In conclusion, this is a great space for daytime activity. For sleeping (as a hotel), it is the worst value for money overnight accommodation I have experienced to date. I will be back for the day, but never for the night.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Soho House New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho House New York Hotel New York City
- Soho New York City
- Soho Hotel New York City