“Favorite bakery in NYC!”
Review of Momofuku Milk Bar

Momofuku Milk Bar
Ranked #209 of 394 Bakeries in New York City
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No trip to New York City is complete without a pilgrimage to the AMAZING Momofuku Milk Bar! I especially like the Upper West Side location - a friend who worked at the nearby Museum of Natural History introduced me a few years back - and I've been hooked ever since! Hailing from New England, we don't have Milk Bar, so I always make a point to visit and pick up some goodies whenever I'm in town!

My favorite treats are the Corn Cookies, with their moist and chewy riff on the buttery flavor of cornbread in convenient cookie form, the Birthday Cake Truffles, which are vanilla bites of sprinkly goodness, and the Blueberry and Cream Cookies, which are just as flavorful and decadent as they sound - with large chunks of juicy blueberries and swirls of fresh cream. OMG incredible.

If you can't make it to NYC, you can order online from their website - my 23rd Birthday is coming up soon, and I'm getting one of their cakes for the occasion! Yum!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Christina Tosi is well known to watchers of Masterchef - and as an innovator in cakes. We thought it worth a look. The store is small - standing room only - with long queues. We tried shakes and soft serve - all in all the cereal milk, chocolate malt and birthday cake. We all found the flavors overly sweet and balanced wrong - at least for our taste buds. I’d give it a miss.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Coming here has become a regular pilgrimage on our trips to NYC after first trying crack pie a few years ago. The menu has expanded but the basic approach remains unchanged. This time we had the crunchy cereal shake, truffles, coffee and of course the crack pie. The pie, shake and truffles all share a similar flavour, you'll probably either love it or hate it but its distinctive. Prices are quite high so not an ideal place for regular visits but great for picking up orders for parties and celebrations. Service was friendly but a little leisurely. Momofuku is very trendy these days but worth trying nonetheless.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The ice cream and shake was salty. Terrible for my kids who wants ice cream and shake was disappointed.
Never ever comeback again

Reviewed 10 October 2017

We ordered the birthday cake and it looked terrific and we could sample the cake at the store by buying "cake truffles" (no frosting)...the cake is delicious. We ordered a cake online for a birthday - it was advertised to come with "vanilla frosting". We now know that means vanilla "cream cheese" frosting. Cream cheese frosting has a distinctive taste and is traditional with carrot cakes - but if it is offered on a "birthday" cake it really should be described accurately. The traditional frosting for a birthday cake is buttercream frosting. Very disappointed - website and menu should reflect this. We are no longer customers.