“Such a brutal experience never again”
Review of SoHo Garden Hotel

SoHo Garden Hotel
Ranked #370 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Good location - right next to subway for all NY sights (Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Wall Street, 5th Avenue, Central Park, Bloomingdales, Macys). Clean bathrooms

Poor customer service. No advice or map given for local area - had to find this out for ourselves. Took almost half an hour for manager to come on sight who was surprisingly evasive and unhelpful when it came to our query. Rooms are very small, couldn't swing a cat in there, forget about storage space for luggage and god forbid if you do any shopping. Better noise proofing on rooms

Room Tip: Pay extra for the executive room or better still, look elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaidenLegOver

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed by myself at the Tribeca Blu. At first I was nervous as when I arrived I was put in a room that wasn't made up. That was quickly rectified though and I was put in a clean room that was a little smaller but still good.

The hotel is in a great location and even though it's on a busy street, it is a lot quieter than other places I have stayed in New York - although, I was on the 8th floor so maybe that helped.

The room was very small but clean. My only suggestions for the hotel is that they reduce the heat or allow guests to moderate it and put in a kettle (there is a machine but it's difficult to use and spilt hot water everywhere). It would also be good to have somewhere to hang clothes - I was attending a wedding and had no where to hang my dress.

Overall though the staff were friendly, it was clean and in a great location...what more do you want!?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at this property in June. I wasn't sure what to expect because I am acustomed to travel with Marriott or Hilton. To my surprise.... it was the cutest property ever!! Yes, the room was not large, however, who stays in the room when you visit New York City?. The room was clean, the staff was phenomenal. By the end of my week stay, everyone knew me. The GM sent me a nice email and I do look forward to staying the next time I visit. The location on the corner of Broadway and Canal is insanely PERFECT!!!

Room Tip: request a room with a closet!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
JoseUrracaGM, Guest Relations Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Hello! we are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at TriBeca Blu Hotel. We really enjoyed having you stay with us as well and we are looking forward to seeing you soon on your next stay here in NYC! Take care

Guest Relations
Brian Urraca

Reviewed 11 February 2014

It's right on the corner of Broadway and Canal. Can't get a more central location than that.Tons of great shopping and restaurants around there and it's just next to the subway so we can visit all the sights and come back to the hotel late without any worries. Never had to take a cab. That saved us loads of money which we used on more delicious food. The room might be smaller but this is NYC so it should be expected and it has all the amenities you need so you don't even notice the size after you settle in.

The room is clean, the duvet is very plush and I love the body lotion. We had the room on the 8th floor so it wasn't very noisy but I always travel with ear plugs so noise is a non issue. I've been to NYC several times and this was the best value for a clean, comfortable room in NYC! I'll definitely go back to this hotel next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi! we are happy to hear that you were pleased with our service here at TriBeCa Blu Hotel. We are in one of the most accessible intersection in the downtown area and that's what makes our location one of a kind! we are really hoping on see you again on your next trip to the big apple and thanks once again for the wonderful review!

Guest Relatoins
Brian Urraca

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I've been here last january. Location is very good - hey that's Broadway - rooms are quite big for NYC standards, and they were clean. Staff was very kind too - they helped us printing some stuff we needed and bathroom was simple but clean and quite big too.

The only downside is that Grand street is quite noisy so don't get here if you think you could wake up in the middle of the night because of some traffic noise.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2014

The location is perfect in Chinatown with many nearby restaurants and the subway only steps away to take you anywhere in the City. Also, to Brooklyn, Queesn and the Bronx. The reception staff were very good. Cleaning service very good. Room 708 has a very comfortable bed, no noise from busy Canal Street with its heavy street traffic, trucks, cars and emergency vehicles. The room did not have a refrigerator and no control for the temperature. Two negatives. Without a control for the room's temperature it was very hot all the time. A refrigerator should be a must for hotel rooms so guests can purchase cold food and drinks from nearby grocery store and supermarket because Manhattan is very expensive to eat out all the time. The room and others without a refrigerator and control for the temperature need to be upgraded.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing Canal Street if you are a light sleeper or noise sensitive because of the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank veegee123
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel was one of the worst I have ever stayed in. The room was tiny even by NYC standards. The thermostat was set on 79 and could not be changed. I spent all night opening the window to cool off and then closing it when it got too cold. The room was so small that to open and close the window, I had to stand on the bed. They had taken something off the wall and just left the torn up wallpaper in place. My room was supposedly a deluxe and the rate was $350/night, but you can do better in NYC especially in Tribeca. Anyway spend a little more and stay somewhere that's not a hovel. See my photos and consider whether you really want to spend $400 (after taxes) on this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business