“Highly Recommend !”
Review of Boqueria

Boqueria
Reserve with OpenTable
Boqueria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #382 of 14,530 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Description: Inspired by the tapas bars and "Cervezerias" that surround Barcelona's renowned food market "ElMercado de la Boqueria", Boqueria serves market driven authentic Spanish cuisine under the direction of Chef Marc Vidal, a Barcelona native.
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This place had it all. Great food, great service and great ambiance. We settled for two seats at the kitchen bar to not have to wait for a table but this actually made the experience even better. We were able to watch to very skilled cooks do there thing and their team work and talent really surprised us. The food was top notch and the service was extremely friendly and genuine. We tried several dishes and all were extremely authentic and delicious.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

It might be THE best! Great location (Spring and Thompson), great vibe, music was brilliant (and unexpected), food - PERFECT, as was the service, not too expensive.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

And the answer is without a doubt .... Yes!

Fantastic service, great food if you like tapas, breads etc.. and oh yeah ... great cocktails!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This has to be the best tapas restaurant I have been to outside Spain (and substantially better than many in Spain).
The food is truly authentic, and cooked to perfection. We had a significant selection of food, and found it all consistently excellent.
The service, surroundings and atmosphere are all as if a bit of Barcelona has been transported here. Cost is not cheap, but there again little is in NYC.
This is certainly one I'll be back to on my next trip.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Although only a couple of blocks from my company office in New York, I had never been hear. But while out for a walk on a delightful Saturday afternoon, I was drawn to the open door by the smells and sounds of this delightful little tapas restaurant. I sat at the small bar at the entrance. The server was very helpful with a wonderful Spanish white wine and menu suggestions. I ordered a plate of shrimp and a calamari dish. The shrimp were soaking in a hot skillet of olive oil, butter, sliced garlic and hot peppers. While very tasty, the oil was too much. However, the calamari was one of the best dishes I have had in a long time. Perfectly sauteed and served on a frisee salad, I could have ordered 2 or 3 more plates. The wine was a perfect match and it was delightful experience overall. I wll definitely be back.