“A PEOPLE PLACE”

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Phone number is 212-792-9673
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

Great bar that we found by accident on the way somewhere else. All sorts there from actors to politicians to ex pats. Mark & Teresa made you feel like family. Food was great. Chicken wings / full Irish breakfast / soup. At different times were all served piping hot with a smile. Drinks were explained to me & samples given by a bar owner who knows how to deal with the public. Communication & a smile. I'd meet anyone here. It's a people place

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stopped in Nelly's for breakfast and were immediately greated with "Hello Lads" from Mark, one of the proprietors of this fine establishment.
4 of us ordered our meals and were treated to a very friendly & accommodating staff not to mention an excellent breakfast at a resonable price.
The atmosphere was like the genuine article in Ireland and we WILL BE BACK!
Thanks Mark....we love your place!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We have eaten here many times and ALWAYS have a pleasant experience. We sit in the back away from the bar crowd and it is wonderful to go to a pub and be able to hear yourself think. In the summer there are 2 tables near the street that are nice to sit at also. Servers are excellent, fast, efficient and friendly without trying to be your new best friend. Beer specials are very good - get there before 8 pm. I highly recommend the Chicken in Irish Curry Sauce - it's excellent! Restrooms are very clean and well maintained (thank you). A Yelp deal brought us here a while ago and we've been coming back ever since.

1  Thank Clark_W_Griswold
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I loved this place. We actually only knew about this place because of the Groupon voucher that we bought.. twice! We stayed in NYC 5 nights and had dinner here twice using the Groupon voucher. $25 for appetizer, two mains and a pitcher of beer. The atmosphere is relaxed but friendly. The food is really nice! The beer is good.. $16 for a pitcher of Bud Light. Can't go wrong!

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We ate their with a groupon that I purchased last month. I was looking forward to our meal & it certainly was not what I expected. The service was horrible--we sat there forever waiting to order, no drink refills until we were done with our meal, waiting on ketchup for my sons fries. We were done eating & sat waiting for our bill. I quickly gave my CC & sat & waited again.....I'm not sure if the service lacked since 18% gratuity is a given when using the Groupon. We certainly will not return!