“Awesome Stay”

YourStay MidTown Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
YourStay MidTown Apartments
Ranked #430 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Awesome Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2005

I must admit that I was a little skeptical checking in, as the check-in office was just two guys with a cell phone and a bunch of keys sitting in a room. Otherwise, this was a really great hotel. The studio apartment was HUGE (for NYC standards) with a really nice cable TV, DVD, CD player. The linens were clean as was the entire apartment. Great location with very little street noise at night.

• Stayed December 2004, travelled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Families
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2005

Stayed at the Yourstay Broadway Apartments with my wife and 3 friends. The accommodation was a decent size and the overal condition of the apartment could have been improved with a lick of paint and a bit of tlc. Nonetheless, the price was very good and the location was amazing. If you are coming to NY in a group and you want the most central of locations then I cannot think of anywhere better. One thing we didn't know before we arrived was that both bedrooms are double and not twin bedded and that the shower was in the ensuite and not communal bathroom. This would have been very useful info before we arrived....The guys in the office gave us a blow up bed to help us out in the end so no harm done.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2005

I recently returned from a Mother/Daughter shopping weekend in NY, May 12-15th. It was my mother and younger sisters first visit to the Big Apple, so I reserved two adjoining studio apartments for a party of 6 across from Macys. Upon checking in, I was informed that adjoining rooms are not guaranteed. I wasnt happy but accepted two rooms on the 20th floor, separate wings. We quickly inspected the rooms and hit the streets. My mother, daughter and I returned to our room to rest up for another exciting day. The three of us immediately became very congested, developed a headache and found it hard to breathe. To make a long story short, the next morning we discovered the bathroom was infested with mold and mildew. The shower curtain had mildew, mold and dried soap scum, the ceiling was black from mildew, the tile and tub had mildew. I immediately contacted reservations to report the rooms condition, our illness and request another room. I was told that they were completely booked and to inform the office of the room's condition. The gentleman in the office apologized and told me no other rooms were available at that time, but to come back later. I handed him the key and let him know that we were checking out of that apartment. We moved our things to the 2nd apartment and set out to enjoy our day. The 2nd apartment's bath also showed lack of cleaning, but at least we could breathe. That evening @ 6, I checked with the office and was informed that a guest had not checked in yet, therefore another room became available on the 8th floor. That bathroom also showed signs of mildew in the tub/tile and shower curtain. He offered to personally clean it, but I declined the room and the 6 of bunked in the 2nd studio for the remaining 2 nites.

The following Monday, I contacted Customer Care to follow-up on my complaint and request a credit card adjustment for 2 nights. I was instructed to send an email along with a doctors notice for our illness. Fearing this issue may take sometime to resolve, if at all, I notified my credit card company of the incident and my dispute with Your Stay.

Despite the inconvenience and the filthy bathrooms, we still enjoyed our first Mother/Daughter Weekend. Depending on your level of comfort, the location makes it worth chancing.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Co. Kerry, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2005

Was a bit nervous considering some of the reviews on this site, but I can honestly say the Broadway apartments were great. Fantastic location, clean, modern and safe. Macys across the road, Empire State Building next door... couldn't ask for more. And the guys in the office were great - looked after our bags after we checked out.

I'd definitely stay here again, very reasonable.

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank Ellie56
uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2005

Just returned today from The Herald Towers and what an excellent choice of apartment in NYC. Brilliant location, central to everywhere, especially 5th Ave & Macy's and in walking distance to the hustle and bustle of Times Square. Apartment was very clean, spacious and affordable for such a great location. CD player, Cable TV & DVD player. No maid service in 7 nights but a very small price to pay for living next door to the Empire State Building & did not spoil our fabulous time in NY. Would definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed April 2005
1 Thank broadway
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2005

We were traveling around the world last September and stopped off in New York for 5 night. We were 3 Adults traveling so we were after something that had a bit of room. We found this place great as it's a fantasic location next to Empire State building and across the road from Macys. At night we would walk upto Times Sqare (15 minutes) where there was something always happening.

The thing to remember that this is not a hotel or serviced apartment so no one will come clean the room or offer assistance.

The Queen bed and fold out sofa were comfortable with a kitchettte fantastic for having meals in the room should you want to.

If was coming back again this is a place l would check out.

• Stayed September 2004
1 Thank rohanlee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2005

I stayed for a weekend in Yourstay Broadway Apartments with my wife. We booked a studio apartment. We really enjoied from the service there since our arrival. The check-in was quick, we got enough towels and linens for our stay, and we had free Cable TV. There was a problem with the air-condition system but it was fixed quickly by Yourstay team.
I stayed in hotels before but this serviced apartment was much better.
The price was fair enough, and I'm sure i'll book with Yourstay again.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member