“Go for the Fettuccine Alfredo.”
Review of La Nonna

La Nonna
Ranked #1,323 of 14,036 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$13 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Description: La Nonna features a casual and friendly dining experience where the Italian food is plentiful and delicious. Our commitment is to provide devoted, highly, personalized service as well as distinctive menus that use the finest ingredients available
Reviewed 10 March 2014

A giant wheel of grana padano cheese, lightly melted with flaming grappa, fresh fettuccine and cream rolled in the grana padano bowl, prepared table side. They may not do it this way any more, but you can always ask. Superb. Heart of Little Italy.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The service was outstanding, I received everything I wished without even having to ask: Bread and olive oil were served, my water glass was refilled constantly, and right after serving the lasagna the waiter returned with the pepper and parmigiano grinders.
As a dessert I got the cannoli alla siciliana, which was a piece of art (see photo). In the end, the bill was only 20$ for one person which is a really low price for NYC.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We took our family of four (kids age 6 and 9) to La Nonna in Little Italy for an early dinner before a show at Madison Square Garden. We were seated outside at our request (it was a record warm day in December). Our 9 year old is very picky eater. Both kids had spaghetti with marinara and absolutely LOVED it (even the picky one who never likes anything)!! The wait staff was amazing. They treated the kids like royalty - even pulled up a special chair to the table for my daughter's new American Girl doll to have her own seat. They were very attentive and granted every request with a huge smile. I ordered the veal scallopine (it had a different name on the menu) and it was amazing. The best I have ever eaten. My husband ordered the Penne a la Vodka with chicken, but the waiter misunderstood his order and brought him the Penne con Pollo instead. When the waiter realized his error, he immediately apologized and offered to bring the correct meal, but my husband had already started eating what he brought and it was so delicious he decided to keep it. They comped us a free round of drinks (presumably because of the meal mix up), which we certainly didn't expect but we surely appreciated! The food was absolutely phenomenal and you can't beat that kind of service. For the family of 4, including 3 rounds of delicious Italian beer (excluding the free round), we spent about $80 before tax and tip. Very reasonable for that service and quality of food. Highly recommend La Nonna for excellent Italian food in NYC (with or without kids)!!!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very impressive ! The calamari was one of the best I have had ! I really cannot fault this restaurant ! The waiting staff were very attentive and helpful ! (Gave me tips on how to get free wifi). The produce was fresh - portions were large ! I strongly recommend this restaurant ! They put their heart and soul into their food ! - it's a small restaurant in comparison to the others in Little Italy ! But this means they give you the customer extra care and attention which is what we got !

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I picked this spot during San Gennaro due to the fact that they were one of the few places with an open two top close to the street. I was dining solo and wanted to people watch. Needless to say I did not read the reviews prior to dining. However I was pleasantly surprised. I had the Veal Scallopini and it was very good. Their sangria was excellent! Lots of zip to it and fresh fruit in it. The staff provided great service and they were super nice!