“Excellent hotel for less money.”
Review of Pod 39 Hotel

Pod 39 Hotel
Ranked #196 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Clean modern rooms. Free wifi availeble and usb connection for charging devices. Freindly service. Bit noisy because of construction. Nice view from roof terras. Airport transport can be booked at the hotel for only 25 dollars. If you go to New York book pod39.

• Stayed: December 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (3,504)

Reviewed 20 December 2012 via mobile

I'd read ahead about the small room sizes at this hotel, and that expectation was met--but for the price, to be right in the city (I had a last-minute need for a room), this place was GREAT. I would stay here again, as a solo traveler. Clean, modern, nice, private (!) bathroom, wifi...those are my needs--and Pod 39 delivered on them.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

I checked in for a one night stay for exam purposes. Staff was very friendly.The room was very small but I guess thats why its called Pod. I had everything to my comfort and the room was very clean. Perfect for last minute reservations. Will definitely go back. New York's best kept secret Pod 39.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Small rooms make Pod earn its name but for the money, it's one of the coolest little boutiques going. What it lacks in size if makes up for with most of the essentials a wired traveler needing wireless needs.

Easy location to get to for our needs, and would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 18 December 2012

The single room was perfect for me: desk, wi-fi, bed, hangers, and an iron on request. There's room under the bed for a suitcase. Everything was clean, good shower water pressure. And central to the newark express bus and grand central. I've stayed in bigger rooms with less usability.

I slept well and worked well.

The one thing I would add is some sort of breakfast-in-box option. If they had a bagel, yogurt, and coffee to go, I would definitely have taken advantage of that.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Since I reside in NYC, I needed a temporary place to crash due to some stuff done in my apartment. It was exactly the right amount that I budgeted for and I was not planning of spending my weekend staying in the room. I checked in on Sunday, 12/9 until 12/14. It was great for sleeping in and getting ready for work. I was already prepared that it will be a shoebox size BUT was pleasantly suprise on how new and clean the rooms were. The beds are comftable, sheets are clean (no bugs), shower is abundant and the room is cleaned, daily. Even if it was pod size, the ceilings were high and there is a window that can be opened (& shut) if one needs some breathing room or fresh air. It was a quick check in/check out process and the staff are friendly. My only comments were: WIFI is super slow especially on peak hours, and the lack of a full size mirror (which I really needed when getting ready for work, had to step in my bed to see if my shoes goes well with my oufit!). Otherwise, it was a good 5 night stay!

Room Tip: I didnt get to see the other rooms, but if you are travelling solo, still try to get a room for 2, s...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We checked in for a weekend trip to NYC. We've stayed in smaller format rooms before so the size of the room was not a problem. If you need alot of space to navigate, and don't want to bang your shins on the bed frame, you may want to find more spacious accomodations. The room was clean and tidy, and bathroom was a manageable size. The only complaint I would have is that the TV in the room didn't work and despite calling about asking to have the problem fixed, therew as no resolution before we checked out of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple