3,807 results
All reviewssalvation tacogrand central stationrooftop barrooms are smallbunk roomtaco restaurantfrosted glasstop bunknew yorksmall deskmurray hillprivate bathroomsliding doorfree wifichrysler buildingfew blocksplace to sleep
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We will need to adjust to the smaller room, ( compared to other hotels) ...but don't think we will ever stay anywhere elseloved the rooftop and can't wait to return in warmer weather-- i have a "PODdiction" --- mreen

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Just came back from spending 5 nights there. We're a young married couple with 2 big suitcases.
It's genius how they just managed to fit under the bed. Otherwise it'd been impossible to stay 5 nights there.
Location is perfect you can walk to Grand central in minutes and Time Sq too. But the area is quiet by NY standards.
Plenty of delis etc in the area.
Pod 39 has a luxury Youth Hostel vibe about it. At the grand old age of 34 I felt a little old there :-)
The concierge were brilliant and very hip. Front desk too.
ipads in the lobby were really useful although totally unprivate as people who walk out of the lift can see the screens!
So we had a Queen room, I can't image how a double was any smaller as the room really was tiny. Just enough space to walk around the bed. But what else do you need at that price. TV was great.
My only criticism would be that there wasn't enough space to hang or hide your clothes.
I will definitely stay there again. I just hope it stays as clean, cheap and funky as it is now.
Oh and the bed is really comfortable so good night's sleep there!

Room Tip: Got to go for a Queen room. If it really is bigger!?
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Tipical small nyc room with a tiny bathroom, but still nice. All the furniture looks modern and new. Service is ok.
It has a nice taco bar in the ground floor and all the hotel have a young and fresh atmosphere. Its also 2 block from Grand Central Station

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoseAlbertoLeno
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stayed here in January of 2013. I was given a room on the 13th floor and had a great view of the empire state building! The room was small but, for a single traveler, it was perfect. The lounge downstairs is interesting and the bar tenders make great drinks. Try The Traveler. I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I've stayed in Pod 51 before which has communal bathrooms, and I prefer Pod 39 which I stayed in this time (January/February 2013). The room I stayed in was a single room and each room has its own bathroom. It's hard to believe so much can be put in such a small space. The major boxes were 'ticked' for me - free wifi (no problems connecting), close to transport (Grand Central is just a short walk from 39th to 42nd), and very modern (Pod 39 was built in June 2012 I believe). I forgot my adaptor for my iphone and luckily there is a connection station where I could plug my usb cord straight in to the wall, problem solved! The room has a tv which is in a good spot, and the temperature control which worked perfectly. I had no issue with noise from other guests, HOWEVER on a few days there were guys outside my window (on a window cleaner type thing) who were banging and drilling right into my window ledge on the bathroom and room windows!! Not happy about that but I guess it was after 9am so not a problem. I wonder if anyone else had people drilling outside their window? I was on the 10th floor.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a quiet room, and ask whether there will be construction taking place outside your room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo