“Great for a Budget or Single Traveler”
Review of Pod 39 Hotel

Pod 39 Hotel
Ranked #201 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Totally new, great location on 39th, VERY clean with private baths and toilets, flat panel televisions and plenty of plugs -- if you are hitting NYC for the night and just need a place to crash and don't want to spend $500, this is your place, and will be my place. I've also stayed at the Jane in the Village, and I love the Jane too, but here you get a total modern place AND your own bathroom -- huge advantages! And you can walk to Times Square -- another HUGE bonus.

Room Tip: I got a free upgrade -- the single is a single, so if you want a double or bigger bed then make sure...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Great hotel on a budget - in great location, rooms small but as expected, staff friendly and always on hand, busy bar in the evening with locals and represents. the only poor side was the rain showers, more like light drizzle shower. Nice roof terrace overlooking upper east side on floor 17. Would stay again - 2 or 3 night but something longer then get a larger room, great crash pad/pod

Room Tip: High floor room for better views of Empire States Building
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Clean room. Excellent service! Excellent location! It's close from everything you want to see in Manhattan : Times Square, Fifth Avenue, Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, etc. I really recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is a terrific find in NYC.! The joint is jumping with young people. but not noisy. Restaurant and bar and lounge were very busy. Room is tiny, but SO efficident. There are TEN electric outlets and all the other electronic outlets you could want. You just have to be neat and organized to make it work, like a small ship. Very clean. Lovely staff. Terrific location--2 1/2 blocks from Grand Central. Definitely a bargain.

Room Tip: Ask for a window! My only complaint was no window.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Yes its small, yes there is not a lot of room, but who comes to NY to hang out in your room? I had heard the bunk rms were small so I asked for a larger one as we were there for 10 nights (which they were happy to oblige)! I found the staff really friendly, & we were helped a lot with dif tours, etc. Salvation taco downstairs had amazing food & great drink selection. They were even happy to accomodate my travelling partner & made her different food (as she is a picky eater AND a vegetarian)! Another friend stayed in the single bed rm - yes it was small, but it was safe, clean & available @ a reasonable price (she booked 3 days prior to staying).
All in all, this hotel is amazing, especially for what you pay for. I wish I was here in summer to really get the benefit of the 17th floor, but we still made it up there to take some great shots of the view (which is pretty special!).

Room Tip: If your in a bunk, ask for the larger bunk rms - they are near the elevators (ours was 1025), but it...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stayed here for 9 nights. I originally booked for a single room and only slept in it for 1 night as I found it too small. I moved to a Queen for the rest of my stay which was much better. It was quiet at times but you can hear the other rooms opening and slamming their doors at all times. The whole layout was great. The pre authorizations on my card happened several times without letting me know the amounts and their system doesn't allow for the correct amount to be taken upon check in (they couldn't explain it) so they took out over $400 and after checking out on the 25/02/13 I still haven't got my money back. It seemed a bother when I would ask certain things to the front desk or concierge so I stopped asking and worked out things on my own. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Queen is better than single
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
39HotelMgr, General Manager at Pod 39 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Greetings Paula,
Apologies on any confusion regarding credit authorizations, please let us know if all credits have been returned so that we can contact your bank if everything is not resolved. More importantly the service you received is not indicative of the service we provide all of our guests. We pride ourselves in looking for talented staff in order to provide our guests with excellent service. If you would provide us specific feedback in order to address any short coming we would be grateful. Thanks for staying with us and we will make every effort to improve our service and systems based on your feedback.
Cheers,
Scott

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Located on 39th Street, just around the corner of Park Avenue. You will reach almost any destination rather quickly. The rooms are very clean and the people here are all very nice. I for my part have nothing to complain about. The only thing that I have to say, if you are planing on spending a lot of time in your hotel room, the rooms are pretty small. At least the ones I've seen. Besides that probably one of the best hotels, especially for young people.

• Stayed: March 2013