We spent 7 nights here and, overall, we are pleased with our stay.
The room was incredibly tiny, which didn't come as a surprise as it is clearly stated on their website. The room and the hotel are very clean. We really liked the shower, which is better than the one we have at home :). Be aware, though, there is only a glass door that separates bedroom and bathroom, which means... tiny margin of privacy.
Staff is accommodating and kind.
The bar downstairs is busy with a nice character and we guess it's the same for the rooftop garden during summer.
Slightly negative points:
1) Cost-wise, it was the cheapest we found in midtown but we wouldn't call it "cheap accommodation", not even for NY standards.
2) Our room (5th floor, facing E39th) was noisy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There’s a Pod for every person, and an endless range of possibilities. The Pod 39 Hotel offers hip, convenient and personalized accommodations for the stylish and spend thrifty traveler. The Hotel is located in the heart of Manhattan and is New York’s number one choice for visitors on a budget. Each Pod is individually climate controlled and equipped with efficient, stylish furniture that’s designed to maximize your comfort and your living space. Guests can plug into the Pod community before arriving on our Pod Culture Forum. Swap stories, trade itineraries and ideas and get to know your fellow Pod mates.It’s your Pod. Make the most of it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pod 39 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.