“Our second home in New York City”
Review of Pod 39 Hotel

Pod 39 Hotel
Ranked #191 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Bethesda, Maryland
“Our second home in New York City”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The first time we got there when the hotel was still under construction. Nevertheless, my bestfriend and I felt at home. It's so easy to get there and the location is just perfect if a traveler needs a safe place to stay. Pod39 is for us. It's sleek, clean, eco-friendly, very efficient, and the interiors were cleverly designed.

Room Tip: Find a good deal on line.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TheWanderJade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the queen bed suite. It was a good size for me and my fiancé. The bathroom ordeal is just fine fogged glass door slides to close the bathroom from the room and the shower has a curtain so I wouldn't worry much about that. Taco Salvation was cool very hip chips and salsa was tasty. Tons of great tequilas to choose from. Rooftop bar was really cool and great to check out after a night out for dinner. Although at 10PM their taps for beers ran out which I found odd for a bar in the city so early! Found it a bit over priced when compared to local hotels.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was traveling alone to meet some friends in NEW York and got a great deal on this pod hotel .
Every one was really friendly and the rooms were extremely clean. ( prob because they had just opened and the rec. told me I was the 2nd person in that room so far) They have ipads on the walls to use while you are waiting in the lobby .

And what an awesome location, 3 blocks from Grand Central station . a few more and your at New York Public library , Briant Park ( to play chess, ping pong or watch a show/play) and Timesquare , !!!

Wow the heart of it all !!!

Smaller rooms like those in the big apple for sure, but clean sleek and Location , Location , Location ..... All you need to visit anywhere in times square.

Scotty's diner is right around the corner , Open 24hrs and I lived there. grilled chicken with sauce

Hope you liked the review and happy travels..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sabastians M
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I just hung up after trying to change/cancel a reservation. What a nightmare, most hotels (and I travel about 40%-50% of the time for work) have some sort of leniency when you call and I say "hey I had a really busy day, my plans changes and I won't be there or maybe I will." But not Pod 39, I called only 3 hours after the cancellation deadline and there was not listening to me. I had to call, let me point out, because when I attempted to cancel this reservation online earlier in the day I was unable to find the cancel reservation button, which is what most normal places have for cancelling reservations. But at Pod 39 the cancel reservation is hidden under another icon and another button so it's almost impossible to find. When I spoke with some sort of manager he said that I had all day to call, sorry I really don't. I have a job and taking the time to look up the number on a website that had navigational issues is time consuming. Some of us actually work 10-12 hr days and don't have the time to find the number and then call them, get transferred to two people to pretty much be told "this is your fault for not trying."

So buyer beware, this is not a place where they will treat you like at the Hilton. Horrible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Anna S
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Rooms are small, but has everything you'll need, including free wifi and HD cable. Make sure you're extremely comfortable with whoever you're sharing the room with as the bathroom doesn't have a fully closing door. Just a frosted sliding glass door with a hole on the side for a handle. You can here EVERYTHING on the other side of the door.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SenorDD
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel as we like boutique hotels. Very nice hotel rooms are very small even though we got a larger Queen size bed. If you are sharing make sure you are intimate with the person you are sharing with. Bathroom has a frosted glass front so you can see everything and also hear everything. Would still recommend. Hotel has a very busy bar mostly young people use it but is very quiet in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I took my daughter for a weekend to NYC and this was the 'cheapest' place I could find w/o having to share a bathroom. Just over $200 a night we got a room with a bunk bed. The layout was perfect. Great concept: very (European) modern and everything you need. Due to the weather we were unable to check out the rooftop terrace. The restaurant had a great menu.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family